Front End Engineer I
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a passionate and analytical individual looking to contribute his/her skills and leadership to the Front End Engineering team. The Front End Engineer I is responsible for creating single page apps, while working closely with, and providing support to, front end developers, software (API) engineers, designers, and product owners. He or she will be expected to help mentor Associate Front End Engineers and interns.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health's events on our events page.
- Develop mobile-first, single page apps using Ember.js for use on various devices and in various environments.
- Provide support to the rest of the web development team by converting mockups and wireframes into clean, easy to maintain, and reusable components (using Ember.js).
- Validate / test for 508 compliancy and cross-browser/platform/device compatibility.
- Write clean, maintainable, and reusable code that adheres to code standards (check them out at https://github.com/ashdevelopment/standards)
- Assist with discovery and diagnoses of bugs in the development environment
- Participate in Front End and scrum team meetings
- Maintains code libraries and documents technical specs
- Research solutions
- Participate in code standards and code reviews
- Experience building websites that adhere to mobile-first functionality and fluid layouts
- Experience creating reusable components for use across multiple apps in the form of web components, or components as defined in Ember, React, Vue, Angular, etc. We use Ember, so experience with Ember is a plus
- 1+ year writing ES2015
- Experience writing tasks in Gulp.js or a similar build tool
- Experience working in an agile environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, computer science, or a related degree (or equivalent experience). High school diploma required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.