Database Engineer II (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Database Engineer II to join our Information Technology Software department. This position will provide high quality Design and T-SQL code to your Agile teams. Open lines of communication with the application engineers and your fellow database team members. High quality of work and communicate as accurate a timeline as possible.
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service Provider with the ability to participate by video in online meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet download of 50 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload speed).
- Modeling, designing, and developing database solutions
- Modeling OLTP database objects and independently providing solutions to your customer, with minimal guidance.
- Shredding and understanding older code without the need to know everything about a business process.
- Assisting database development teams in designing new database programs that meet the organization's performance needs.
- Monitoring databases and related systems to ensure optimized performance.
- Performing debugging procedures on database scripts and programs, as well as resolving conflicts.
- Documenting processes related to database design, configuration, and performance.
- Keeping abreast of developments and best practices in database engineering.
- Develop SSIS packages to meet business needs.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Serve as escalation point for troubleshooting minor to major problems on an as-needed basis; often requiring time sensitive response and pro-active communication to different groups within the organization Requirements.
- Contribute to the creation of processes, procedures and standards for SQL Server database administration that supports the use of optimal database server resources and performance to minimize potential downtime scenarios.
- Participate in design and architecture review of the databases and applications. Lead efforts with database topology review and communicate with multiple teams to finalize optimal design for databases and applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- 1 – 3 years of prior experience with T-SQL coding. Familiar with SQL Server 2012 all the way through SQL Server 2019.
- Evidence of continuous learning and being part of the SQL community (certifications, training, group associations) is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology.
- Database modeling with a focus on OLTP environments.
- Experience creating, supporting, and troubleshooting existing stored procedures, functions, views, and all other database objects.
- Experience creating, supporting, and troubleshooting existing SQL Agent Jobs that span a single database.
- Experience performance tuning TSQL statements within a single database.
- Experience with managing and deploying database changes to different environments in support of the software development lifecycle. A familiarity with SQL Server Database Projects in Visual Studio is preferred.
- Experience working with SSIS is preferred.
- An understanding of SQL Server best practices. Along with conforming to database design standards.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance from Senior Engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $89,300 to $150,00 Full Time Annual Salary Range.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.