Associate Vice President of Provider Contracting and Communications
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an Associate Vice President for our Clinical Provider Contracting department. The primary purpose of the position is to lead, create, execute and manage our clinical contracting expansion strategies on a National basis for more than 10 specialties. Leadership responsibilities include critical decision making, strategic planning, high performance team development combined with provider network data analysis and management.
- Leads, evaluates, develops, manages, educates, reports and is responsible for all activities related to growth strategies associated with recruitment and contracting of practitioners in all specialties.
- Continually evaluates and prioritizes need for practitioner expansion and recruitment of all groups across the country.
- Develops, leads, executes, manages and reports department growth and expansion strategies in support of all client needs on National basis.
- Oversees, manages and updates based on client need, department work plans by client and assures appropriate updates and status of such activities are appropriately communicated within the organization.
- Oversees and leads fee schedule administration process including but not limited to financial modeling, projections, forecasting and evaluation.
- Oversees the implementation of a structured recruitment training platform that assures both skills sets based on group expansion as well as quality related to education and maintenance is achieved among department staff and management teams.
- Establishes and leads implementation strategy and structure for national provider groups and/or multi-state/facility based groups that require unique contracts and will warrant financial modeling and evaluation.
- Directly involved in negotiating large multi-facility group rates to reach financial objectives while balancing and achieving cost reductions for clients.
- Responsible for ongoing production and continuous enhancements of managements direct reports in order to monitor group growth, attrition and status in support of both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Responsible for leading, developing and implementation of all new practitioner groups, as well as all specialties of groups nationwide.
- Responsible for monitoring activities and growth of all ancillary radiology/laboratory practitioner groups.
- Responsible for maintaining practitioner groups at an appropriate level to meet state and other regulatory, as well as client, requirements in addition to recruiting and contracting with various specialties of practitioners throughout the country.
- Leads and directs strategies and structure of all practitioner field activities such as seminars, office on-site evaluations, and office education.
- Oversees and leads provider education delivery channels in support of successful on boarding of all clinical practitioner groups.
- Initiates and contributes to quality improvement initiatives and quality measures to ensure adherence to the highest standards of excellence for group coverage and group access.
- Sets goals and objectives for staff, monitors and establishes a successful model of accountability.
- Evaluates staffing needs on an ongoing basis to ensure adequate coverage and supports annual budget evaluation in determining resource needs.
- Participates with other members of management external to the department to discuss operational and organizational matters and ensures that efficient and effective teamwork is maintained within the organization.
- Provides input towards the development of organizational goals, strategies, budgets, and other long and short-term goals, objectives and structure in department.
- Liaison and communication with Client Services team to assure client objectives are defined, implemented into department strategy, reported and demonstrating success in meeting expectations of all ASH Groups clients on National basis.
- Liaison and communication with other key team leaders in the organization that support our practitioner networks.
- Develops and supports structure and strategy for annual practitioner initiatives that support growth objectives of department. This may include but is not limited to provider education and education delivery support of both par and non-par practitioner groups.
- Provides support to Sales and sales operations in procurement of new clients and expansion opportunities with existing clients as needed.
- Serves on various committees, as necessary.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or equivalent. High school diploma required.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience of which 5 have been in a supervisory capacity.
- 5-7 years of experience to include overseeing growth oriented operations teams and/or, hospitals, multi-specialty groups and/or health plan sales/operations.
- 5-7 years of leadership experience in management of any of the following but not limited to provider contracting, provider relations, credentialing and health plan operations.
- Leadership experience in strategy development, execution, communication, network analysis, financial modeling and meeting planned objectives.
- Experience in growth/productivity environment, training platforms and strategic management is preferred.
- Computer experience includes word processing, power point and spreadsheet applications.
- Valid Drivers license with good driving record. Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
- Must have acceptable credit to qualify for a company American Express Card.
- The combination of: Strategic planning, growth management, ability to communicate effectively both vertical and horizontal in the organization.
- Proactive autonomous judgment and decision making capabilities to advance and meet growth objectives/strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility as well as periodically to corportate offices in the U.S. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Companys legal duty to furnish information.