Sr Manager, Software Engineering
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Software Engineering, Senior Manager to oversee our Information Technology department. This position will manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of web based applications and initiatives. Responsible for ensuring the success of all aspects of initiatives he/she is charged with overseeing. Interacts with web developers and all levels of management to determine project requirements for the enhancements and new development initiatives. Assists in the design and development of these new systems, including testing, documentation, and end-user training. Act as a management consultant and catalyst for creating new ways to use the web.
Remote Worker Considerations:
The safety of our employees, both current and future, is ASH’s highest priority. At this time, most of our employees are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Research, design, develop, and maintain customized modules for existing and new web applications.
- To provide line management and leadership of the Web Development team, to include full responsibility for the recruitment and retention of staff.
- Interface with staff to determine the needs and provides input into strategic planning of new software.
- Assist in architecting and modeling the object models of new components.
- Develop reporting specifications for internal and external use.
- Report to manager any problems and status of progress on all projects.
- Management of ongoing and new development in relation to assigned websites.
- Create secure data transfer between web and internal systems.
- Design, develop and implement database interfaces using Microsoft .NET technologies.
- To monitor web server and site technical performance.
- Supervise development staff and work with departmental representatives to coordinate project priorities and progress.
- Evaluate performance, prepare and deliver performance reviews.
- Assist in end user training, testing, and debugging of extranet applications.
- Oversee workflow and project details to ensure project completion meets deadlines.
- Manage development of program documentation, project timelines, and on-line help/training functionality.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Requires a minimum of five to seven years of Web Application experience, including Hands-on experience in developing large-scale web-based applications using the latest Microsoft technologies.
- Healthcare background is a plus.
- Proven management skills of enterprise level websites.
- Strong ability to lead and mentor other team members.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-directed individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills demonstrated by the ability to execute on multiple projects and team management tasks while working on a tight deadline.
- Excellent collaboration, facilitation, people and project management skills.
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Motivated for continuous improvement and able to motivate others.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.