Document Tech I
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a detail-oriented professional to provide support for mail, claims, file preparation/scanning, and to provide clerical file support to the Document Management Center of Support Services. This position will process and deliver in bound/out bound mail, corporate mail, and shipping and receiving.
ASH requires all onsite employees and employees who travel for their position to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated; or (b) obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation.
- Provides Clerical Support to the Document Management Center.
- Provides mail service to the organization. Sorts incoming, personal, department, claims, and returned mail.
- Opens mail and prepares Claims batches for scanning.
- Prepares practitioner files and document types as assigned for scanning.
- Assists with research and verification during the scanning process.
- Supports shredding efforts for all scanned documents approved for destruction.
- Receives and processes file and document requests to authorized personnel as instructed.
- Maintains security of practitioner files and documents. Restricts access to files and documents to authorized personnel only.
- Maintains confidentiality of all files, documents, records, reports, and related data.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary business information.
- Reports unique or problem situations to manager.
- Processes returned mail and provides statistical data for reporting.
- Processes unknown mail assuring confidentiality is strictly safeguarded. Opens mail appropriately only when instructed. Initials and dates envelope.
- Keeps mail sorting station and mail area clean and organized at all times.
- Prepares and processes Inter Office Mail in bound/out bound.
- Processes Right Fax claims and prepares for scanning.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in clerical support including document preparation or record keeping with expert attention to detail.
- Mail sorting experience is preferred.
- Experience with Word Processing, Excel, and Email required.
- Types 40-45WPM.
- Experience working directly with public or in a customer service capacity required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs, ability to reach and lift 10 lbs. overhead. Ability to climb stools and ladders.
Normal office setting, minor noise, frequent interruptions.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.