DevOps Engineer II
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a DevOps Engineer II to join our Information Technology Operations team. The primary function of this position is to provide support to development teams through system administration, and managing web/network related projects as assigned by manager.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Healths events on our events page.
- Participates in the development SDLC processes to create, support, and refine web applications.
- Actively involved in building out new environments for in-house built applications.
- Supports application environments including Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server, load balancing and other 3rd party applications that interface with in-house built applications.
- Supports and configures TFS/VSTS, Build Servers and Release Management servers.
- Supports web site/application deployments via VS Release Management and TFS/VSTS.
- Supports build and branching strategies in coordination with the development teams.
- Maintains scripts created to support automation of build and release tasks.
- Supports Big-IP F5 LTM and related applications as part of application environments and deployments.
- Implements and maintains automation/scripting via Powershell, DSC, and SCCM.
- Works with software, infrastructure, network engineers and DBAs to solve productivity challenges, drive efficiency and automate environment builds and application releases.
- Develops and supports monitoring solutions to ensure application performance and availability goals are met.
- Implements and maintains cloud based infrastructure, security access policies, and automated provisioning.
- Works with Enterprise Security and development teams to support vulnerability and software security testing processes and tools.
- Coordinates firewall, S2S VPN, and router modifications with Network team as part of creation and support of application environments.
- Participate in on-call support rotation and takes ownership of escalated problem resolution.
- Attends scrum team, departmental and staff meetings to discuss issues and foster teamwork.
- Attends industry seminars, conferences, training classes and reads industry journals to stay current on technology and security.
- Attends industry seminars, conferences, training classes and reads industry journals to stay current on technology.
- Bachelors degree in a computer related field or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Microsoft MCSE 2012 or 2016 certification with a focus in cloud infrastructure is a strong plus.
- 5+ years in a fast-paced, customer-facing, mission-critical environment is preferred.
- Valid drivers license with good driving record. Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
- Strong knowledge of Azure cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), Azure virtual networks, Azure Active Directory; including provisioning, troubleshooting, and monitoring.
- Strong, confident knowledge of the Windows Server operating system and Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies (VMware vSphere strongly preferred).
- Strong knowledge of installation, configuration, upgrade, and provisioning tasks using PowerShell or other common scripting languages (Python, Perl, VBscript, Bash).
- Strong knowledge of DevOps concepts, tools, and architectures.
- Strong knowledge of software development processes within an agile/scrum framework.
- Ability to research and evaluate new and existing tools and technologies, and effectively communicate engineering decisions to stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills, and team player.
- Strong knowledge of networking components, protocols, and security (subnets, firewalls, routing, DNS, HTTP, TLS/SSL, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of supporting build and release processes and tools (Visual Studio Team Services/Team Foundation Server strongly preferred).
- Strong knowledge of load balancing technologies; F5 BigIP LTM strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Configuration Management technologies (DSC, Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
- Strong knowledge of application monitoring, alerting, and automated remediation.
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server and writing and executing SQL queries.
- Strong knowledge of automated software testing tools and practices.
- Strong knowledge of resiliency and disaster-recovery practices and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Companys legal duty to furnish information.