Digital and Social Media Manager
Meaningful work * service oriented and respectful work environment * work-life balance * up to 2 days of telework after 90 days of employment for eligible positions * generous leave * more holidays than the federal government, including Christmas week off * free parking as well as free transportation to/from Ballston metro * paid lunch breaks * professional development tuition assistance * tuition assistance for your children enrolled in our diocesan schools after 1 year of employment * generous benefits, including a pension plan * AND MORE…………………………
The Diocese of Arlington is a thriving community composed of seventy parishes, six missions, and 50 schools, covering the 21 northernmost counties and independent cities in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Since our founding in 1974, the Diocese has grown significantly, becoming one of the fifty largest dioceses in the United States. We have over 4,000 employees and are still growing. We’re looking for talented and committed employees to join our team.
At the heart of the Office of Communications is the goal to articulate the ministry of the Bishop to the faithful and the public, promote the work of the Diocese of Arlington and Catholic Charities, to facilitate interviews and media requests, and to assist departments and offices in their communications through the use of traditional and new media. All content created and distributed by the Diocese of Arlington exists to support the Church’s mission to evangelize by inspiring, educating and informing the Catholic faithful.
Under the direction of the Director of Media Production, the Digital and Social Media Manager oversees all diocesan digital media platforms, including social media, email, and graphic design.
- Develop, implement, and oversee a digital media strategy that is cohesive, provides an accurate and appropriate representation of our Church, our Bishop, and diocesan brand and provides a cutting-edge digital
- Develop and implement branding and digital media protocols, policies, calendars, and guidelines; monitor digital media content on diocesan platforms to ensure a uniform message and consistent image that aligns with diocesan digital media protocols and policies and adheres to digital media best practices.
- Oversee the day-to-day digital media
- Create and lead all aspects of digital media, as an integrated tool for outreach to the Catholic faithful and the public; cover and publicize events, programs, announcements and strategic communications campaigns on diocesan digital media accounts
- Design, plan and deliver mass email and digital
- Devise incentives and campaigns that increase readership, listenership and viewership of diocesan websites, podcasts, videos, and other digital media
- Create and maintain relationships with Catholic micro-influencers in our local diocesan community, as well as larger Catholic influencers, in order to grow our reach through their promotion of our platforms.
- Manage online ticketing system for interdepartmental digital media requests, ensuring that all content meets diocesan design and quality standards.
- Track, analyze, and report on key performance metrics from digital media platforms and third-party software; create in-depth campaign reports on a regularly scheduled basis that illustrates the highlights of the digital efforts as well as the areas for improvement.
- Stay current on digital media trends; share with the communications team and implement best practices.
- Procure leads of top talent for podcast guests, and target, when appropriate, individuals with large social media followings who will help boost our diocesan platforms.
- Under the direction of the Chief Communications Officer, manage the recruitment, selection, supervision, scheduling, and evaluation of contractors/freelancers.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and monitoring of the annual creative media budget.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Knowledge/Skills: Solid knowledge and understanding of Church teachings as well as its organization and operational procedures; the ability to positively and productively lead a team toward common goals; in-depth knowledge of social media, social media advertising and corresponding tools and platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Mail Chimp publishing tools, ad management systems and analytics reporting tools; strong familiarity with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Premiere), editing audio and video content and developing graphical content; excellent grammar, written and oral communications skills; strong planning and organizational skills with attention to detail; ability to multitask, meet tight deadlines, and work well under pressure; ability to apply critical thinking to solve problems in an everyday work setting; creativity and initiative with a sense of discretion; working knowledge of best practices in public relations and marketing fields; familiarity with website content management systems (CMS), especially Ektron, Adobe products, iMIS, and video/sound/podcast editing tools.
- Education: BS/BA required in journalism, communications, or related field or equivalent degree and experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: Must maintain a current driver’s license.
- Years and Types of Experience: Three to five years’ experience in professional use of digital media, public relations, or marketing