VP - Sales, Data Science Solutions
Job Title: VP - Sales, Data Science Solutions
Job Type: Permanent
Reporting Relationship: Chief Commercial Officer
Location: New York City, NY or Chicago
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
The primary focus of this role will be to lead the sales of the Argus Data Science solutions in the US. The role requires some knowledge of financial markets and derivatives trading.
In terms of impact, the role is responsible for driving the long-term sales growth of the data science solutions. The role will engage with financial institutions such as hedge funds, private equity and asset management globally, identifying and pursing new sales opportunities and enhancing customer solutions through Argus Data Science products (e.g., possibility curves, forward curves and Argus Data Science studio).
The role will work closely with Sales colleagues in driving opportunities in their territories, supporting the sales process and building customer relationships.
The role is part of Argus’ global sales team working closely with account managers to identify and support the sale of risk solutions to financial institutions globally. This role requires collaboration with the risk solutions team and the sales team globally with a strong team spirit that works across the regions to achieve a common goal and that leverages each other strengths.
- Lead the sales of Argus Data Science solutions by increasing existing customer contract values and adding new customers to hit the annual sales target.
- Engage and drive the contributions of colleagues in sales, data sciences solutions and marketing to achieve business growth.
- Represent Argus possibility curves and forward curves products by attending and presenting at industry and partner events, conferences, forums, and webinars. Customer meetings and other customer/prospect engagements are often held at the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Head of Trading/Commercial level.
- Monitor market trends, competitor product developments and actions. Gather and assess customer feedback
Education and Experience
- Experience in selling trading products to financial institutions.
- Extensive knowledge and networks with financial institutions in the US with a particular focus in NYC & Chicago.
- Experience in the use of financial and derivative products to value and manage market price risk exposures arising from volatile commodity prices.
- College degree required. Finance related preferred.
- Team player with the ability to work in and flourish in a merit-based, entrepreneurial, professional culture.
- Strong customer mindset with demonstrated ability to engage directly and honestly with customers on all issues and deliver positive experience to customers at all times.
- Strong commercial mindset. Ability to identify and develop (working with colleagues) new opportunities to grow sales and financial performance.
- Structured and logical thinker – able to prepare and maintain high quality analysis and documentation in support of corporate processes and projects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Able to educate customers and sales teams on risk management techniques and strategies.
About Argus Media
Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network.
Argus is an independent media organization with more than 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 26 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centers. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor.
Our rapidly growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognizes and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid short term and long term disability and life insurance plan
- Group 401(k) safe harbor retirement plan with a 6% company match
- 20 vacation days your first year, up to a maximum of 30 days
- Subsidized gym membership
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
Argus Media is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact us. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact us. This email is provided exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages sent for this purpose will be returned. Messages sent for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.