Lead Consultant- Propylene
Lead Consultant- Propylene
Location: Houston, US.
Argus is an independent media organization with 1,300 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 29 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centers. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor. Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network.
We report first-hand on what’s happening globally in the energy space – from hydrogen to coal, crude oil to green ammonia, carbon markets to wind farms. And we do the same for economically vital markets in agriculture, fertilizers, metals and chemicals.
We employ almost 500 journalists worldwide and have 29 offices in Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Africa, South Asia, China, Japan, Singapore and North and South America.
What we’re looking for
Argus is seeking a seasoned Propylene consultant to oversee the C3 related services including production of weekly, annual, monthly outlooks and to participate in consulting projects. The consultant will develop a deep understanding of the market and grow the business to ensure full alignment of the deliverables with the needs of the markets. The consultant will serve as a subject matter expert for propylene and derivatives markets. This position is responsible for data integrity, data flow, development and global coordination.
What will you be doing?
You will need to Ensure complete and deep understanding of the petrochemical business, with specifics to propane and propylene and its derivatives. Complete research as needed and write studies, develop models and fundamental market data relationships. You will need to continuously look for ways to improve the product deliverable and make the process and coordination more efficient. In addition to initiate, prepare, and develop new valuable products for the market, while you maintain awareness of competitors’ initiatives on market coverage and devise new ways of building market coverage through analysis and indexation. Also, present concise and informative presentations at global conferences and client meetings. The ideal candidate will be a thought leader; will develop new industry and market metrics and integrate themselves professionally into the markets and industries.
What we're looking for in you?
· Five to ten years of recent experience focused on pricing, market conditions and trends, capacity and supply & demand for propylene and/or ethylene.
· Significant experience with American petrochemical, refining and relevant manufacturing operations.
· Highly accomplished collecting, monitoring, analyzing and communicating pricing data – historical, posted, indexed and benchmark pricing.
· Experienced conducting domestic (Americas) and/or global market analysis that reflect and draw upon economic drivers, supply/demand fundamentals, trade flows and capacity data.
· Skilled at preparing clear, concise, and insightful market studies, reports and presentations.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus.
· Highly skilled communicator; effective interfacing, networking and building relationships at all levels and functions both internally and within the relevant supply chain - Producers, Consumers, Traders, Marketers, Shippers, Logistic Service Providers, Refiners, Financial Institutions/Investors, Government Agencies and Technology Providers.
· Recognized strengths must include collaboration, a high sense of urgency and accountability and a passion to develop and build a business.
· Proven effective as both a team leader and major contributor to the team, especially in a cross cultural working environment.
· Computer Literacy, Microsoft Office Suite of products to include Word®, PowerPoint®, Outlook®, and Excel®, Microsoft Project®; other technology related software and internet search capabilities.
· Education: Technical and/or economic degree - Chemical Engineering or Chemistry preferred. MBA a plus.
What’s in it for you
Our rapidly growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Hybrid work model
- Flexible working environment
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid short term and long term disability and life insurance plan
- Group 401(k) safe harbor retirement plan with a 6% company match
- 20 vacation days your first year, up to a maximum of 30 days
- Subsidized gym membership
- Extensive internal and external training
For more details about the company and to apply please make sure you upload your CV with a Cover Letter via our website: www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
Argus Media is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact us. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact us. This email is provided exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages sent for this purpose will be returned. Messages sent for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.