VP Business Development- Energy Transition Markets- Americas
VP Business Development (Energy Transition Markets)- Americas
Location: Houston, US.
Argus is an independent media organization with 1,300 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 29 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centers. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor. Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network. Our core values are Excellence, Integrity, Partnership and Inclusivity.
What will you be doing?
The VP – Energy Transition, North America will lead business development for hydrogen and battery materials in the Americas, with a primary focus on North America but also supporting Latin America business development team as required. The Inflation Reduction Act is creating a surge in investment in clean hydrogen and battery materials production in the US. The purpose of this role is to ensure that Argus is maximising our opportunities to grow existing services and develop new coverage within the region. Current services include subscription pricing and analytics for hydrogen, clean ammonia, battery materials and rare earths, as well as single client consulting projects.
The primary goal of all business developers at Argus is to win indexation to our price benchmarks in physical and financial derivative markets. In early stage markets the focus will also include use in investment proposals and early off-take agreements. This role will be focused on emerging pricing models and emerging market dynamics which will help shape our pricing development. The role will contribute to product development more broadly by identifying critical information gaps facing the market which Argus could profitably address.
The role will support the sales team when presenting our services to customers, acting as a subject matter expert and presenting our analysis. This is likely to constitute around 50% of the role content from the outset. The role will collaborate closely with the regional leadership and business development team in the Americas, to ensure we maximise joint opportunities, particularly with the fertiliser and biofuels sectors. The role will work with global Hydrogen, Fertilisers and Metals leadership and teams to ensure strong alignment with our development strategy. The role reports to the SVP, North America, with dot line accountabilities to the President, Expansion Sectors; SVP, Metals and SVP, Energy Transition.
What were looking for in you?
- Drives usage of Argus price assessments and products.
- Identifies new indexation opportunities, galvanizes organization to deliver them
- Partners with editorial to manage and defend existing benchmarks, ensuring their adoption and continued relevance.
- Identifies and supports delivery of new pricing solutions and products – acting as the voice of the customer.
- Demonstrates expertise on pricing and risk management issues.
- Develops and delivers a regional BD plan to meet sector strategy.
- Leads market engagement, mapping key influencers and maintaining effective relationships with them
- Represents Argus in the market through external speaking events and thought leadership
- Partners with sales through identifying customer segments and supporting effective commercialization
- Hones effective messaging to promote Argus index solutions. Works with marketing to develop GTM plans
- Identifies opportunities to develop online transparency solutions, including, but not limited to, AOM.
- Identifies and develops partnership opportunities to meet sector strategy
What’s in it for you
Our rapidly growing, award-winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognizes and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Hybrid work model
- Flexible working environment
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid short term and long-term disability and life insurance plan
- Group 401(k) safe harbour retirement plan with a 6% company match
- 20 vacation days your first year, up to a maximum of 30 days
- Subsidized gym membership
- Extensive internal and external training
For more details about the company and to apply please make sure you upload your CV with a Cover Letter via our website: www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
Argus Media is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact us.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact us. This email is provided exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages sent for this purpose will be returned. Messages sent for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.