Consultant / Senior Consultant (SIN)
Job Title: Consultant/ Senior Consultant, Asia
Job type: Full-time
Location: Singapore, Asia
Reporting Relationship: Principal Consultant, Asia
Argus Consulting Services is a division of Argus Media - the largest independent energy publisher in the world. We provide clients with customised analysis, research, data and commentary services on international commodity markets. Our work is firmly focused on markets - their structure, logistics and economics. Argus Consulting Services draws on Argus’ key strengths - commodity market expertise, global networks and proprietary databases - in order to deliver real client value.
The division provides analytical products and undertakes tailor-made commissioned assignments for a wide variety of clients, including governments, national oil and energy companies, multi-nationals, the finance sector, energy traders, upstream, mid and downstream independents, and clients in the consultancy and service sectors.
How Will You Make an Impact?
Our Consulting business has been growing significantly over the last few years and we are currently looking for a Consultant in the broad base energy and commodities sectors to execute single and multiclient market consulting projects. This position will also assist in consulting business development.
The Consultant is expected to work with Consulting Managers to execute and deliver a wide range of consulting assignments. You will participate in carrying out market analysis, develop market and business strategies, evaluate capital projects and operating companies in bespoke studies in a wide range of energy, chemicals and commodity fields. You will also participate in developing multiclient studies or annual publications from time to time. Apart from the consulting team in Singapore, you will tap on the expertise of consultants and product or industry specialists in our global consulting community in London, US and Moscow as well as our network of third-party consultants.
- Carry out and contribute to the delivery of bespoke consulting projects, multiclient studies and annuals.
- Participate in client discussions during project executions and participate in results presentations.
- Development of in-house consulting tools and analytics in support of consulting projects.
- Assist in the development of proposals and marketing materials on specific consulting opportunities
- Assist in developing presentation materials and if required, deliver presentations on public conferences.
- Exposure to a wide range of energy and commodities markets including crude, petroleum products, natural gas, LPG and other gas liquids, biofuels, petrochemicals, coal and biomass, fertilizer, metals as well as the relationships among them in a wide range of studies.
- Develop research and analytical capabilities and sharpen skills in business and project analysis.
- Good career path within Argus Consulting practice and develop areas of specialization.
- Exposure to senior management level presentation in major state own companies and international companies and cultivate client relationships at senior level.
- Results driven and willingness to occasionally put in extra hours to complete projects if required
- Willingness to take on projects in new and unfamiliar commodities or markets
- Intellectually curious and able to demonstrate structured problem solving and analytical skills
- Commercially minded
- Good EQ and soft people skills
- Ability to travel
Skills and Experience
- Master/Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Chemical engineering or Economics. Highly numeric
- Students who recently graduated or graduating in 2022 are welcome to apply.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to network
- Excellent research skills. Able to develop methodologies and carry out market research projects with minimum supervision
- Excellent presentation skills
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Flexible in approach, highly motivated and determined to contribute to the growth of Argus’ Consulting Services
- Awareness of cultural difference
About Argus Media
Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network.
Argus is an independent media organisation with more than 1,100 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 26 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Central office location close to public transport and amenities
- We embrace hybrid work and the opportunities that come with it to make flexibility fit you.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group healthcare scheme
- 20 days annual leave
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
Note: By submitting your job application, you automatically acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data to the Company.
Argus is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. We aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.