Based in Singapore
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,200 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 28 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor. Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network.
What will you be doing?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Argus as our Executive Assistant to the Head of Asia and the Chief Operating Officer. This c-suit Executive Assistant will provide senior leaders with a high level of administration and diary coordination to support a complex and varied workload.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing extensive administrative and clerical support to the Head of Asia and the COO, including correspondence, presentations, submissions departments, and calendar oversight.
- Assist the Head of Asia and the COO in producing high-quality reports, documents and presentations using advanced computer skills.
- Manage telephone calls, field inquiries, letters, and requests and use judgment to escalate urgent matters for the Head of Asia and COO’s attention.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports with the ability to synthesise information from different business units.
- Organise and support meetings, including scheduling, booking venues, catering, preparing agendas, collecting and distributing documents, and taking minutes.
- Proactively track, file, and archive key business information, including contracts and business documents, to ensure we can easily reference data in the future and meet audit requirements, looking for ways to improve current systems.
- Organise travel and accommodation arrangements
- Prepare expenses for submission
- Handle personal tasks when required.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite - Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Highly organised and efficient with experience prioritising effectively to meet deadlines
- Resourceful and logical thinker with excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to build rapport at all levels
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Proactive approach with the ability to apply initiative and work independently
- Flexibility to manage extended hours as needed to meet event deadlines
- Able to work independently whilst also engaging and collaborating in line with the Argus values: Excellence, Integrity, Partnership, and Inclusivity
What’s in it for you:
- Join an industry leader and a growing company
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Hybrid working model - Work from Home options available
- Excellent location at Raffles Place – close to public transport and amenities
- Group Healthcare Scheme (Comprehensive outpatient - GP and specialist, dental and hospitalisation)
- 20 days of annual leave
- Career development and promotion from within culture
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Employee Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme
Earlier or later hours, or weekend hours, may be expected on occasion.
We will conduct interviews continuously and reserve the right to take down the advertisement when we find the right candidate.
Please send in your application via our careers website at https://www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions.
Jobs posted on other websites and that do not link to our careers website may not be legitimate and may be fraudulent. If you are contacted by someone whom you suspect may not be appropriately representing Argus, please send the details to us via an email with “Recruitment Fraud” in the subject title.