Manager (Projects - Energy Markets)
Manager (Projects - Energy Markets)
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,200 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 27 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes. Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor.
What will you be doing?
Argus is a leading provider of insights, price indexes and consulting to the global energy industry. Companies in 140 countries as well as multilaterals like the International Energy Agency (IEA) use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
We also have a burgeoning commodities markets consulting division that offers clients insights into the evolving markets and the opportunities that these changes present. This division uses industry best practices, expert knowledge and Argus’ proprietary data to provide its clients with in-depth market analysis, the development of business strategies, evaluation of capital projects and advise on operations across a wide range of commodities and geographies. The division counts the biggest names in energy, petrochemicals, fertilizers and metals as well as governments as its clients.
Given that our consulting business has been growing significantly over the last few years and we are currently looking for a Consulting Manager (Projects) to join our consulting projects team in Mumbai that would focus on a broad range of energy, chemicals and commodities sectors. The specifics of the job are laid out below.
- Lead and execute bespoke consulting projects together with consultants and senior consultants in a project team.
- Lead client discussions during project executions and final results presentations.
- Assist research teams in the development of in-house consulting tools and analytics in support of consulting projects.
- Development of proposals and marketing materials on specific consulting opportunities. Take responsibility for winning consulting projects together with Argus’ sales representative.
- Assist in developing presentation materials and if required, deliver presentations on public conferences.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Candidates with at least six years’ experience in related industries would be required. Engineering/Economics professionals preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills. Able to develop methodologies and carry out market research projects. Familiarity or experience in energy, commodities or petrochemicals markets would be a plus.
- Good project management skill, ability to lead a team of analysts on bespoke projects.
- Experience with working with teams and drawing upon resources across the organization.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to network.
- Expert in presentation skills.
- Development of project management skills.
- Develop research and analytical capabilities.
- Exposure to a wide range of energy and commodities markets. Develop expertise and reputation in key energy sectors.
- Good career pathway within Argus’ consulting practice.
- Presenting in client meetings including senior management.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Flexible Working Model
- Group healthcare scheme
- 18 days annual leave
- 8 days casual leave
- Extensive internal and external training
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday; 09:00-18:00 with 1 hour for lunch.
For more details about the company and to apply please make sure you send your CV and cover letter via our website: www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
By submitting your job application, you automatically acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data to the Company. Argus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.