Marketing Data Analyst
Marketing Data Analyst
Location: Mumbai, INDIA.
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,200 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 28 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor. Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network.
What will you be doing?
This is a great opportunity for a marketer with 1+ years’ experience of gathering data using technology and telephone contact. You’ll be comfortable using databases and online tools, such as LinkedIn and third-party websites, and able to ensure a flow at steady pace of accurate company and contact data so the marketing data team meets its deadlines and targets. In addition, you’ll be able to carry out analysis of what’s working and what could be improved and relay the results using programs such as PowerPoint and Excel. You’ll be working in a global business, across multiple time zones and with many stakeholders, so excellent project management and communication skills are critically important.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and radiates a can-do, positive energy, capable in working through ambiguity and with the commitment and pace to support delivery of data for marketing campaigns that build the brand and produce high quality sales leads.
Essential Functions -
- Serving as an expert for the acquisition, enrichment and cleansing of marketing data
- Ensuring you manage your workload effectively and follow agreed processes
- Understanding the importance of data and data management for privacy and marketing automation / CRM management and reporting
- Working with the Data Protection Officer to ensure compliance globally with legislation and best practice
- Ability to analyse data performance trends and report on these to stakeholders
- Experience using the following or similar data manipulation / visualisation tools (PowerBI, Quicksite, Domo……)
What we’re looking for in you:
- Maintaining status updates in the project management tool to ensure visibility of new requests
- Responding to new requests by providing data summaries on what is available through existing sources and what options are available for further data acquisition if needed
- Using databases and other tools to identify companies and contacts matching campaign criteria, and adding these to the marketing database
- Making telephone calls to enrich data where needed, providing more clarity on the relevance of the contacts and companies
- Cleaning existing data by reviewing, editing, amending, updating, and removing where appropriate
- Working with colleagues in Business Systems and Sales Operations to ensure effective data transfer processes between marketing automation tools and the CRM, and partnering with marketing colleagues to create audience profiles.
- Analysing and identifying patterns over time to identify what’s working vs not and reporting this to your manager and other stakeholders.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Hybrid Working Policy (3 days in Mumbai office/ 2 days WFH)
- Group healthcare scheme
- 18 days annual leave
- 8 days casual leave
- Extensive internal and external training
For more details about the company and to apply please make sure you send your CV and cover letter via our website: www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
By submitting your job application, you automatically acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data to the Company. Argus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.