Data Engineer – Price Assessments (R)
Argus is an independent organisation with almost 1,200 staff globally. We are headquartered in London and have 27 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
What will you be doing?
Did you know that Argus is a leading independent provider of energy and commodity price benchmarks? We cover 25,000+ price assessments from across the globe for key commodity sectors and have been collecting data for 50 years. Our prices are widely accepted as an accurate and reliable indicator of the real value of a commodity (from crude to fertilizers) in physical supply and derivative contracts, mark-to-market, as an indication of value for tax assessment, for risk management and strategic analysis and planning.
For more details, https://www.argusmedia.com/en/products-platforms/prices
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a mid-level Data Engineer with expertise in programming R to join our growing Global Data Team (Price Assessment) in Mumbai. You will work closely with the Head of UK Data and our global team to support our internal stakeholders by writing robust automated processes in R.
Over time, you will have the opportunity to develop skills in other technologies that support data engineering for machine learning, artificial intelligence and analytics, through on-the-job and formal training programs.
- Support and development of data processing systems using programming R
- Client support with queries relating to integrate Argus data and metadata into client systems, data validation, provision of data.
- Work as a part of a team to maintain, develop and enhance existing/new systems which includes metadata modification, data cleansing and data checking
- Develop applications and tools that analyses the data for better insights and business intelligence. Ensure that solutions are innovative, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives.
- Contribute to team effort by assisting with special projects when required
- Perform data quality checks and identify the root cause of any data inconsistency
- At least an undergraduate in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics/Statistics, Actuarial Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering
- Highly proficient using programming tools in R (must have) and any the following (python, VBA).
- Any experience working with energy markets and commodities data is highly desirable
- Good knowledge and experience of SQL, preferably in Oracle, including stored procedures, functions and triggers
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git) and Unit Testing in R is required.
- A natural curiosity to identify, investigate and explain trends and patterns in data and an ability to analyse and break down complex concepts and technical findings into clear and simple language for communication
- Innovative thinker with good problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- A self-driven team player with the ability to quickly learn and apply new tools and techniques
- Believe in the following Argus values: Passion, Integrity, Excellence and Results
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Group healthcare scheme
- 18 days annual leave
- 8 days casual leave
- Extensive internal and external training
Please send in your application via our official careers website at https://www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions.
Jobs posted on other websites and that do not link to our careers website may not be legitimate and may be fraudulent. If you are contacted by someone whom you suspect may not be appropriately representing Argus, please send the details to us via an email with “Recruitment Fraud” in the subject title.