Job Title: Consultant, Asia
Job type: Full-time
Reporting Relationship: Principal Consultant, Asia
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. We are growing quickly, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools. Argus’ Asia business is headquartered in Singapore and covers operations across Singapore, Dubai, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Sydney and Mumbai.
Argus is a leading provider of insights, price indexes and consulting to the global energy industry. Our Consulting business has been growing significantly over the last few years and we are currently looking for a Consultant in the broad base energy and commodities sectors to execute single and multiclient market consulting projects. This position will also assist in consulting business development.
The Consultant is expected to work with Consulting Managers to execute and deliver a wide range of consulting assignments. He / She will participate in carrying out market analysis, develop market and business strategies, evaluate capital projects and operating companies in bespoke studies in a wide range of energy, chemicals and commodity fields. He / She will also participate in developing multiclient studies or annual publications from time to time. Apart from his / her consulting team in Singapore, he / she will tap on the expertise of consultants and product or industry specialists in our global consulting community in London, US and Moscow as well as our network of third party consultants.
- Carry out and contribute to the delivery of bespoke consulting projects, multiclient studies and annuals.
- Participate in client discussions during project executions and participate in results presentations.
- Development of in-house consulting tools and analytics in support of consulting projects.
- Assist in the development of proposals and marketing materials on specific consulting opportunities
- Assist in developing presentation materials and if required, deliver presentations on public conferences.
- Exposure to a wide range of energy and commodities markets including crude, petroleum products, natural gas, LPG and other gas liquids, biofuels, petrochemicals, coal and biomass, fertilizer, metals as well as the relationships among them in a wide range of studies.
- Develop research and analytical capabilities and sharpen skills in business and project analysis.
- Good career path within Argus Consulting practice and develop areas of specialization.
- Exposure to senior management level presentation in major state own companies and international companies and cultivate client relationships at senior level.
- Results driven and willingness to occasionally put in extra hours to complete projects if required.
- Willingness to take on projects in new and unfamiliar commodities or markets
- Enthusiasm to acquire new skills and knowledge
- Commercially minded
- Good EQ and soft people skills
- Ability to travel
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to network
- Excellent research skills. Able to develop methodologies and carry out market research projects with minimum supervision
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience coordinating teams and drawing upon resources across teams
- Awareness of cultural difference
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 23 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group healthcare scheme
- 20 days annual leave
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions