Argus Graduate Programme – Commodities Market, Asia - 2024 Intake
– Commodities Market, Asia
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,300 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 29 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor. Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network. Our core values are Excellence, Integrity, Partnership and Inclusivity.
We are seeking talented, highly motivated individuals to join our growing team in Singapore. The successful candidates will join our global network of over 600 dedicated market analysts to connect deeply with the markets they cover, delivering expert news, analysis, and information unavailable elsewhere. We pride ourselves on analysing how and why news matter to our high-level audience, which comprises Fortune 500 companies, national oil and energy companies, multinationals, financial institutions, trading companies, and governments.
The Graduate Programme gives you the stepping-stone to a career in commodities and energy markets and provides invaluable learning opportunities from the second you walk in the door. You will be provided with intensive training in business and economic journalism, commodity markets reporting, market analysis and the production of reports, including hands-on experience in several different market-reporting teams as well as with our news desk.
- A rotational program based on your graduation date
- You will receive immersive training in how commodity markets work, followed by a stint on a price reporting desk – preparing you to move into a price reporting role in one of our commodity teams.
- Opportunity to learn about various aspects of Oil, Metals or Generation Fuels markets.
- Hands-on involvement in gathering data and market intelligence, contributing to the production of weekly and monthly price assessments, market analysis, news, and reports.
- You will regularly contact commodities producers, consumers, distributors, traders, and other key market figures to build relationships.
- You will be able to edit and write news and analysis stories across a range of commodity markets.
- You will be trained to work in the price reporting function and will generate price assessments and content (including market commentary and news pieces, which power our pricing benchmarks)
- Be part of a worldwide growing company
- In-depth and diversified commodities exposure
- Promising career path
- Exposure to working with Senior Management
You will receive excellent training from day one, support throughout your journey, and extensive experience in fast-moving commodity markets.
This programme is definitely for you if you enjoy an adrenaline rush when receiving a scoop for a story or enjoy reporting on rapidly moving developments.
- have a degree in Journalism, Communications, Business, Economics, Sociology, Humanities, or energy-related disciplines preferred. All degrees are welcome.
- are a fast learner. Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- have a strong writing, research, and analytical skills.
- have an interest in and enthusiasm for commodities, energy markets, global business, politics, and economics.
- are proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- are proficiency in English and preferably a second language.
- are self-motivated, well-organised and have an inquisitive nature.
You should also possess the legal right to work in the country you are applying to.
- Work within a highly motivated team at an industry-leading global company
- Permanent employment from day 1
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Excellent Raffles Place location, close to café’s, public transport in central Singapore
- Hybrid working model - Work from Home options available
- A value driven organisation that practices Excellence, Integrity, Partnership, and Inclusivity.
- Career progression and learning opportunities that support your goals and career path
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical (GP and specialist), dental and hospitalisation.
- 20 vacation days your first year, up to a maximum of 25 days
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Employee Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme
- Life outside work
Earlier or later hours, or weekend hours, may be expected on occasion.
We're not engaging any recruitment agencies for this role, so if you're interested, please apply directly.
Jobs posted on other websites and that do not link to our careers website may not be legitimate and may be fraudulent. If you are contacted by someone whom you suspect may not be appropriately representing Argus, please send the details to us via an email with “Recruitment Fraud” in the subject title.