Argus Graduate Programme – Commodities Market, Asia
Argus Graduate Programme – Commodities Market, Asia
Intake: Jul/Aug 2023 Based in Singapore
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,300 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 29 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor. Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network. Our core values are Excellence, Integrity, Partnership and Inclusivity.
Are you the kind of person that loves a challenge? Do you want to be at the forefront of the commodities and energy market?
We are seeking talented, highly motivated individuals to join our growing team in Singapore. The successful candidates will join our global network of over 500 dedicated market analysts to connect deeply with the markets they cover, delivering expert news, analysis, and information not available elsewhere. We pride ourselves on analysing how and why news matter to our high-level audience, which comprises Fortune 500 companies, national oil and energy companies, multinationals, financial institutions, trading companies, and governments.
How does the Argus Graduate Programme work?
The programme has been designed to provide you with an accelerated induction experience. During the programme, you will be provided with intensive training in business and economic journalism, commodity markets reporting, market analysis and the production of reports, including hands-on experience in several different market-reporting teams as well as with our news desk.
- A rotational program based on your graduation date
- You will receive immersive training in how commodity markets work, followed by a stint on a price reporting desk – preparing you to move into a price reporting role in one of our commodity teams.
- Opportunity to learn about various aspects of Oil, Metals or Generation Fuels markets.
- Hands-on involvement in gathering data and market intelligence, contributing to the production of weekly and monthly price assessments, market analysis, news, and reports.
- You will have regular contact with commodities producers, consumers, distributors, traders, and other key market figures to build relationships.
- You will have the opportunity to edit and write news and analysis stories across a range of commodity markets.
- You will be trained to work in the price reporting function and will generate price assessments and content (including market commentary and news pieces, which power our pricing benchmarks)
- Be part of a worldwide growing company
- In-depth and diversified commodities exposure
- Informal and fun working environment
- Promising career path
- Exposure to working with Senior Management
- Opportunities to travel, attend industry events and conferences
What our graduates have to say…
- All degrees welcome: concentration in Journalism, Communications, Business, Economics, Sociology, Humanities, or energy-related disciplines preferred
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing, research, and analytical skills.
- Interest in and enthusiasm for commodities, energy markets, global business, politics, and economics.
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in English and preferably a second language.
- A self-motivated, well-organised and inquisitive nature.
- Able to work independently whilst also engaging and collaborating in line with the Argus values: Excellence, Integrity, Partnership, and Inclusivity
Please indicate your CGPA and graduating year/month.
You should also possess the legal right to work in the country you are applying to.
- We are an award-winning business with double-digit growth over the last two decade
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Permanent employment from day 1
- Hybrid working - Work from Home
- Central location, business casual dress code
- Group Healthcare Scheme (Comprehensive outpatient - GP and specialist, dental and hospitalisation)
- 20 days of annual leave
- Career development and promotion from within culture
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Employee Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme
- Life outside work
Monday through Friday, 10.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m.
Earlier or later hours, or weekend hours, may be expected on occasion.
We're not engaging any recruitment agencies for this role, so if you're interested, please apply directly.
We will conduct interviews continuously and reserve the right to take down the advertisement when we find the right candidate.
Please send in your application via our official careers website at https://www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions.
Jobs posted on other websites and that do not link to our careers website may not be legitimate and may be fraudulent. If you are contacted by someone whom you suspect may not be appropriately representing Argus, please send the details to us via an email with “Recruitment Fraud” in the subject title.