Director/Principal - Consulting (Energy & Chemicals Markets)
Director/Principal - Consulting (Energy & Chemicals Markets)
Based in Singapore
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,300 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 29 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor. Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network. Our core values are Excellence, Integrity, Partnership and Inclusivity.
Argus Consulting builds on our key strengths – commodity markets expertise, international networks, and trusted data. This spans future energy such as hydrogen, along with all its potential carriers such as ammonia, biomass, biofuels, conventional energy sources such as coal, LNG, fuel oil, marine fuels, and petroleum coke, plus comprehensive coverage of non-fuel commodities such as petrochemicals, fertilizers, and metals. Our global team works with energy companies, trading firms, lenders and investors, governments, regulatory bodies, and professional service firms, offering tailor-made research to those seeking the highest quality market and technical insight, analysis, and commentary. In addition, we are responsible for global fundamentals data and analytical tools, strategy reports and price outlooks and leverage these in bespoke projects for the clients.
• Feasibility studies • Project valuation • Due diligence • Strategic planning Services offered • Policy and regulatory analysis • Market entry studies • Market supply strategy • Price and fundamentals forecast
What will you be doing?
Do you have energy and chemical sector knowledge and the ability to provide advisory and delivery services? Do you have experience working for a consultancy or background that has worked within the energy and chemicals sector?
We are looking for a passionate, engaging, and ambitious Director / Principal to join our growing team in Singapore. You will be a senior member of the Asia and Middle East consulting team, reporting to the Senior Vice President, responsible for expanding our range of consulting services. In addition, you will take a leading role in our project teams, delivering various bespoke consulting projects to clients.
- You will work with international clients and establish relationships with governments, primary producers, and the financial sector. This involves one-on-one client meetings and requires regional travel.
- Build relationships with key decision-makers to develop positive future business development opportunities.
- Spearhead and further develop Argus’ consulting capabilities and tools in one or more key industry sectors. Responsible for driving the growth of Argus’ product range and depth.
- Track and manage projects and deliverables within the region. Lead project opportunities from inception through delivery. Take responsibility for the proposal process, working closely with Commercial and other stakeholders to deliver winning proposals.
What we’re looking for in you
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business, or Engineering background is preferred. Other relevant disciplines are welcome too. MBA’s and/or PhD’s are welcome (but not required).
- At least 5 years of leadership experience preferably in chemicals/energy consulting.
- While we see the previous consulting experience as highly desirable, experience in energy (e.g., Fertilizer, Coal, Biomass, LNG), chemicals, and commodity industry experience, achieved from Strategy and business planning, is a plus.
- An appetite for developing and enhancing relationships, securing growth and future workload through the pursuit, and winning of new work.
- Excellent communication skills to build relationships that educate, engage, and inspire people to act.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Technical skills: strong analytical skills, efficient Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint use.
- A strong work ethic and a "can do" spirit, as evidenced by proactively initiating and leading initiatives and projects to successful outcomes.
- Able to work independently while also engaging and collaborating in line with the Argus values: Excellence, Integrity, Partnership, and Inclusivity.
- Become recognised as a ‘thought leader’ in this area, supporting other teams within Argus and representing the company at industry conferences and functions, including making presentations to senior energy industry executives up to the CEO/ministerial level.
- The ability to build client relationship management, influence, and leadership skills.
- Exposure to senior management level presentations in major state-owned and international companies and cultivating client relationships at the senior level.
- Promising career path within Argus Consulting practice and developing areas of specialisation.
What’s in it for you
- Work within a highly motivated team with an industry leader and rapidly growing global company
- Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a vital part of the growth and development of the business and the team
- Exposure to a wide range of clients and projects in Asia and the Middle East
- Competitive salary and bonus in line with education, experience, and skills
- Hybrid working model - Work from Home options available
- Excellent location at Raffles Place – close to public transport and amenities
- Group Healthcare Scheme (Comprehensive outpatient - GP and specialist, dental and hospitalisation)
- 20 days of annual leave
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Cooperative, supportive, and open working atmosphere
- Employee Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme
Monday through Friday, 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Earlier or later hours, or weekend hours, may be expected on occasion.
We're not engaging any recruitment agencies for this role, so if you're interested, please apply directly.
We will conduct interviews continuously and reserve the right to take down the advertisement when we find the right candidate.
Please send in your application via our official careers website at https://www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions.
Jobs posted on other websites and that do not link to our careers website may not be legitimate and may be fraudulent. If you are contacted by someone whom you suspect may not be appropriately representing Argus, please send the details to us via an email with “Recruitment Fraud” in the subject title.