Senior Client Engagement Manager
Job Title: Senior Client Engagement Manager
Job type: Permanent
Location: London, UK
Reporting Relationship: VP, Client Engagement
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
We are currently looking for an outstanding Senior Client Engagement Manager to join our highly successful commercial team in the Global Accounts team. The Senior Client Engagement Manager will play a vital role in consolidating and developing long-term relationships at all levels of a small number yet highly strategic portfolio of accounts.
While providing on-going support to this strategic account portfolio and delivering a first-class service, the Senior Client Engagement Manager’s primary focus will be to:
- Protect Argus’ existing revenue by ensuring customers get optimal value from Argus services and relationship
- Encourage the further use of Argus services and products
- Identify, evaluate and execute business opportunities relating to new price assessments and new services and products
- Help shape changes to Argus product line and launches of new offerings in response to the industry’s needs and feedback
- Build the company profile within this strategic customer base.
- Promote, explain and answer all matters concerning Argus, its services and products
- Educate clients on how to maximize the value they receive from a relationship with Argus
- Present Argus’ platforms, analytical tools and applications through demonstrations to clients and partners
- Attend and coordinate marketing presence at conferences, events, and dedicated client events
- Ensure the retention of existing users by delivering first class support and achieving a high customer satisfaction
- Co-ordinate with colleagues globally.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Commercial experience: the ideal candidate has worked at a commodity trading floor or had some prior commercial experience in commodities
- Successful track record in key account management with experience or knowledge of data/IP account management preferable
- 10+ years of experience building effective interpersonal relationships internally and externally with key influencers and decision-makers
- International experience of working in various cultures globally.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and commercial benefit
- Well-presented, credible, and able to influence senior executives at large and small firms
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel locally and internationally 50% of the time
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Ethical, fair and of high integrity.
About Argus Media
Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network.
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 1,100 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 26 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor.
Our rapidly growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions