Energy Consultant / Senior Consultant, Asia
Headquartered in London, Argus is one of the world’s leading providers of news, analysis and price information to commodities and energy markets. Argus Consulting builds on our key strengths – commodity markets expertise, international networks, and trusted data. This spans future energy such as hydrogen, along with all its potential carriers such as ammonia, as well as biomass, biofuels, conventional energy sources such as coal, LNG, fuel oil, marine fuels, petroleum coke, plus comprehensive coverage of electricity markets. Our global team works with energy companies, trading firms, lenders and investors, governments, and regulatory bodies as well as professional service firms, offering tailor-made research to those seeking the highest quality market and technical insight, analysis, and commentary. We are responsible for global fundamentals data and analytical tools, strategy reports and price outlooks and leverage these in bespoke projects for the clients.
• Feasibility studies • Project valuation • Due diligence • Strategic planning Services • Policy and regulatory analysis • Market entry studies • Market supply strategy • Price and fundamentals forecast
To learn more about the Consulting this role covers, please click on the below link:
What will you be doing?
We are expanding our team in Singapore. Argus is looking for an Energy Consultant/Senior Consultant to join our Asia Consulting Services practice.
This is an excellent opportunity for an analytical, inquisitive, numerate market analyst, engineer, or inspiring consultant to join our Asia consulting practices. You will undergo training to learn from our industry veterans and the opportunity to work on a range of strategy reports and client studies focused on energy, petrochemicals, and the fertilizer industry for the Asia and Middle East regions.
We are looking for a team player who will bring energy and enthusiasm to the team:
- Develop relationships with existing and target clients in Asia, engaging them in content-led business development that showcases Argus capabilities and builds trust
- Deliver extensive research of production, demand, and trade data for various commodities to support supply/demand analysis and assist with forecasting.
- Provide materials in support of proposal developments.
- Build, manage and update databases to support consultancy projects
- Maintain current knowledge of major drivers and trends across the energy industry
- Present findings in market reports, industry insight pieces and in person via conference calls, client visits, webinars, and conferences.
- Booming industry, growing company
- Be part of a dynamic, growing business where your input is encouraged
- Opportunity for travel and participation in key client meetings / industry events.
- Exposure to a wide range of energy and commodities markets including crude, petroleum products, natural gas, LPG and other gas liquids, biofuels, petrochemicals, coal and biomass, fertilizer, metals as well as the relationships among them in a wide range of studies.
- Develop research and analytical capabilities and sharpen skills in business and project analysis.
- Good career path within Argus Consulting practice and develop areas of specialization.
What we’re looking for in you
- A strong degree in Economics and Engineering is highly preferred.
- Key experience (1-5 years) in energy or related industries is preferred but not required; with experience in a refining, petrochemical, or fertilizer manufacturing company, or a consultant advisor to these industries, a plus
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, including data management and chart development.
- Results driven and willingness to occasionally put in extra hours to complete projects if required.
- Ability to learn quickly while asking for support
- Demonstrate structured problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently, whilst also engaging and collaborating in line with the Argus values: Passion, Integrity, Excellence and Results
What’s in it for you:
- We are an Award-winning business with double digit growth over the last decade – the business continues to grow
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Hybrid working model - Work from Home options available
- Awesome location at Raffles Place – close to public transport and amenities
- Group Healthcare Scheme (Comprehensive outpatient - GP and specialist, dental and hospitalisation)
- 20 days annual leave
- Career development and a promote from within culture
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Employee Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme
Earlier or later hours, or weekend hours, may be expected on occasion.
Please send in your application via our official careers website at https://www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions.
Jobs posted on other websites and that do not link to our careers website may not be legitimate and may be fraudulent. If you are contacted by someone whom you suspect may not be appropriately representing Argus, please send the details to us via an email with “Recruitment Fraud” in the subject title.