Graduate Conference Producer – Commodities & Energy Market
Graduate Conference/Event Producer – International Commodities & Energy Market
Based in Singapore
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,300 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 29 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor. Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network. Our core values are Excellence, Integrity, Partnership and Inclusivity.
What will you be doing?
As part of the events team, the Conference Producer plays the role of a Content Strategist in developing conferences in the energy and commodities sector.
You will have the opportunity to be creative and network with the industry’s leading thinkers. Experience in the energy and commodities sectors is optional. However, you must be willing to perform exhaustive research to gain in-depth knowledge about the companies, people and projects that drive the sectors forward. After an initial year of four conferences, you will deliver six conference projects annually.
The focus of the job involves sourcing speakers, creating high-quality agendas, and supporting all event production and administration aspects. You must have excellent verbal and communication skills, preferably a marketing, business, economics, or journalism degree. You will be self-motivated and able to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while working as part of a team or independently with minimum supervision.
Our conferences are hosted in Asia, the Middle East and Europe, so you must be independent and confident to travel as and when required.
Argus takes pride in curating commercial conferences on agriculture, oil products, energy transition and petrochemicals for the energy and commodities markets. We produce a global portfolio of conferences/events that attract delegates worldwide. From technical presentations to inspirational panel discussions, our event sessions bring the best out of our speakers to educate, entertain and deliver value to our clients.
- You will be researching and analysing the viability of the conference, looking at specific topics and conducting research through the Internet and other desk-based tools.
- During this “discovery” process, you will approach and conduct telephone interviews and face-to-face meetings with Senior Business Leaders, Subject Matter Experts and Thought Leaders within your conference's market or sector to understand the challenges.
- The role involves having the drive and determination to spend much of your day on the phone and good analytical abilities to spot patterns and trends. It also involves thinking about your target audience and designing an event focusing on their priorities.
- Competitor analysis – research competitor events and identify opportunities you can take away from your event.
- You need excellent copywriting skills to plan and direct content that gets results.
- Work collaboratively with sales and operations to promote events and drive attendance.
- Analyse event performance and provide insights for future improvement.
- Deliver conference on-site in a high-paced environment.
What we’re looking for in you
We are looking for a well-rounded and quick learner individual, and some of your valuable experiences may have come from outside your degree.
We don’t expect these skills all in one person, but if you think you might be good at two or three of them, we would like to hear from you:
- You are educated to a degree level in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a Business-related subject. Please indicate your CGPA in your application.
- A thirst for knowledge - knowledge of energy and commodity markets would be advantageous
- Confident and efficient telephone manner with the ability to connect to others at all levels of an organisation
- Ability to work independently; a self-starter who can multitask
- Able to present ideas and see opportunities
- The confidence to communicate with senior level stakeholders.
- Able to travel overseas to execute conferences
- A high level of energy, enthusiasm, creativity and drive to succeed
- Able to work independently while engaging and collaborating in line with the Argus values: Excellence, Integrity, Partnership, and Inclusivity.
What’s in it for you
- Associate yourself with an industry leader and a growing company
- Competitive salary plus a target-driven incentive programme
- Flexible and Hybrid working model - Work from Home options available
- Excellent location at Raffles Place – close to public transport and amenities
- Group Healthcare Scheme (Comprehensive outpatient - GP and specialist, dental and hospitalisation)
- 20 days of annual leave
- Career development and promotion from within the culture
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Employee Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme
We're not engaging any recruitment agencies for this role, so if you're interested, please apply directly.
We will conduct interviews continuously and reserve the right to take down the advertisement when we find the right candidate.
Please send in your application via our careers website at https://www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions.
Jobs posted on other websites and that do not link to our careers website may not be legitimate and may be fraudulent. If you are contacted by someone whom you suspect may not be appropriately representing Argus, please send the details to us via an email with “Recruitment Fraud” in the subject title.