Data Scientist - Analytics
Job Title: Data Scientist - Analytics
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Sao Paolo, Brazil
Reporting Relationship: VP, Data & Data Science
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B price reporting, consulting and conferences business providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools and data is a key part of our organisation.
Due to the continued growth of the business and the importance of the data analysis to extract insights, we are currently looking for an experienced data engineer to join our global Data team. As a Data Engineer – Analytics, you will work closely with the data science team to develop pipelines for data manipulation, data transformation and other data engineering tasks to support data analytics.
You will also be involved in data visualization using packages such as ggplot2, GoogleVis and R Shiny. You will help prototyping and designing tools to visualise data. In overall, you will have to contribute to the enhancement of the Argus’ capabilities and infrastructure to support data analysis. Over time, you will have the opportunity to develop skills in Machine Learning (ML) & Artificial Intelligence (AI) for data engineering and predictive analytics through on-the-job and formal training programmes.
- Projects development in automating data ingestion, transformation and storage
- Maintenance and development of existing and/or new systems
- metadata modification
- data cleansing
- data checking
- Data and systems support to Argus’ staff
- Extracting and visualising existing and new data sets for internal and external end-users to utilise
- Data Visualisation, Data Transformation and Data Engineering
- Data analysis
- Maintain documentation per company standards
- Write production-level code (clean, and well-documented code)
Required Skills and Experience
- BS or MSc degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, Engineering or related field
- Strong coding skills in R
- Proficient in exploratory data analysis
- Experience with database design
- Excellent knowledge and experience of SQL
- Strong knowledge of Excel, VBA
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment with changing requirements
- Have experience in software development using version control (Git), unit testing, Jira, and Confluence.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Any experience working with energy markets and commodities data is highly desirable
- Ability to interact with non-technical people in plain language
- Ability to work both as part of a team and autonomously
- Innovative thinker with good problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Numerically proficient
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently, prioritising tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
About Argus Media
Our rapidly growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary
- Group medical and dental plans
- Company life insurance plan
- Private pension scheme
- Extensive internal and external training.
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
Argus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.