Manager (Research - Energy Markets)
Manager (Research - Energy Markets)
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,200 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 27 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes. Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor.
What will you be doing?
Argus is a leading provider of insights, price indexes and consulting to the global energy industry. Companies in 140 countries as well as multilaterals like the International Energy Agency (IEA) use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
We also have a burgeoning commodities markets consulting division that offers clients insights into the evolving markets and the opportunities that these changes present. This division uses industry best practices, expert knowledge and Argus’ proprietary data to provide its clients with in-depth market analysis, the development of business strategies, evaluation of capital projects and advise on operations across a wide range of commodities and geographies. The division counts the biggest names in energy, petrochemicals, fertilizers and metals as well as governments as its clients.
Given that our consulting business has been growing significantly over the last few years and we are currently looking for a Consulting Manager to join our consulting research team in Mumbai that would focus on a wide range of commodities in the energy sector including transition fuel, petrochemicals, biofuels, generation fuels, etc. The specifics of the job are laid out below.
- Assume responsibility of developing multi-client products and analytics with the help of Analysts and Senior Analysts.
- Develop and maintain in-house consulting tools and databases in support of consulting projects. Assist in develop Argus’ long term market view of key industries.
- Assist in the development of marketing materials for Argus’ research products.
- Develop presentation materials and if required, deliver presentations on public conferences.
- Develop and train Analysts in their product knowledge and research skills.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Excellent research skills. Able to develop methodologies and carry out market research projects.
- Good project management skill, ability to lead a team of analysts on research projects.
- Familiarity or experience in energy, commodities or petrochemicals markets would be a plus.
- Experience with working with teams and drawing upon resources across the organization.
- Candidates with at least six years’ experience in related industries would be required.
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of the inter-connectivity of a wide range of energy commodities to the general energy market.
- Develop deep capabilities in research, analysis and project management skills.
- Develop internal and external reputation as the subject matter expert in key industries.
- Good career path within Argus’ consulting practice.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Flexible Working Model
- Group healthcare scheme
- 18 days annual leave
- 8 days casual leave
- Extensive internal and external training
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday; 09:00-18:00 with 1 hour for lunch.
For more details about the company and to apply please make sure you send your CV and cover letter via our website: www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
By submitting your job application, you automatically acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data to the Company. Argus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.