Account Manager, Commodities & Energy Markets - India & SE Asia
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,300 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 29 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor. Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network. Our core values are Excellence, Integrity, Partnership and Inclusivity.
What will you be doing?
Due to the continued growth of the business, we are looking for a proactive Account Manager to join our highly successful commercial team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys consultative-based selling and earning a competitive compensation package. The role is within the APAC sales team. You will perform account management role and required to hunt for new business opportunities. You will be responsible for selling Argus market data, price assessments and reports to India and Southeast Asia markets. You will develop the growth strategy across the territory and manage the renewal process for existing customers, applying a consultative and methodical approach to sales and account management. The role includes travelling to your assigned territories to meet and engage with your client base.
We are looking for entrepreneurial traits, where the successful candidate owns a business book and is responsible for developing growth strategies to hit targets. The right candidate can build their account management skills, selling technique and market knowledge in this role, as Argus has an ecosystem that encourages development and growth. There is plenty of support along the way, where collaboration and teamwork are essential to high achievement. The key to success in this role will be understanding the client's business to tailor a package to support their commercial decisions and investment strategies.
- Be independent, self-motivated and disciplined following-through sales cycles
- Confident in giving effective sales presentations and own strong communication skills
- Have a minimum of 3-years frontline information sales experience and show a successful track record in managing B2B sales
- Be a strong and professional communicator, liaising with international leaders effectively.
- Experience in the price data subscription sales environment for the APAC commodities industry is essential
- Able to work independently while engaging and collaborating in line with the Argus values: Excellence, Integrity, Partnership, and Inclusivity.
What’s in it for you
- Work within a highly motivated team at an industry-leading and rapidly growing global company
- Competitive salary and commission scheme
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Excellent location at Raffles Place in central Singapore – close to public transport and amenities
- Hybrid working model - Work from Home options available
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical (GP and specialist), dental and hospitalisation.
- 20 vacation days your first year, up to a maximum of 25 days
- Extensive internal and external training
- Employee Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme
- Cover client meetings, conferences, and events (5-15% of travel to India and Southeast Asia markets).
Monday through Friday, 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Earlier or later hours, or weekend hours, may be expected on occasion.
We will conduct interviews continuously and reserve the right to take down the advertisement when we find the right candidate.
Jobs posted on other websites and that do not link to our career’s website may not be legitimate and may be fraudulent. If you are contacted by someone whom you suspect may not be appropriately representing Argus, please send the details to us via an email with “Recruitment Fraud” in the subject title.