Analyst - Consulting (Energy Markets)
Analyst - Consulting (Energy Markets)
Location - Houston
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,200 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 27 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes. Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for an Analyst to join our global Consulting Services practice where you will work on a range of strategy reports and client studies focused on energy, petrochemicals, and the fertilizer industry for the Americas region. Argus desires team members who will bring energy and enthusiasm to a wide range of tasks.
As an Analyst for Argus, you will deliver extensive research of production, demand, and trade data for various commodities to support supply/demand analysis and assist with forecasting. Producing analysis and research, developing and delivering charts and diagrams in support of various consulting projects and presentations. In addition you will support consultants on engagements to respond to client inquiries.
Providing materials in support of proposal developments, you will build, manage and update databases to support consultant work. Liaise with Argus staff to ensure current knowledge of Argus products and to identify opportunities to promote services.
What we’re looking for in you:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitate discipline (finance, economics, engineering, etc.)
- Key experience (1-5 years) in energy or related industries is preferred but not required; with experience in a refining, petrochemical, or fertilizer manufacturing company, or a Consultant / advisor to these industries, a plus
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, including data management and chart development.
- Self-motivated with excellent organization skills, and the ability to work independently
- Ability to learn quickly while asking for support.Demonstrates structured problem solving and analytical skills.
- Capable of being deployed on a project immediately after joining the team.Works as a team player and willing to contribute to various ongoing projects
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Hybrid work model
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid short term and long term disability and life insurance plan
- Group 401(k) safe harbor retirement plan with a 6% company match
- 20 vacation days your first year, which increases up to 30 days
- Subsidized gym membership
- Extensive internal and external training
For more details about the company and to apply please make sure you send your CV and cover letter via our website: www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
Argus Media is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact us. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact us. This email is provided exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages sent for this purpose will be returned. Messages sent for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.