International Tax Manager
International Tax Manager
Location: London, UK.
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,300 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 29 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor. Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network. Our core values are Excellence, Integrity, Partnership and Inclusivity.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for an International Tax Manager to provide support on a variety of compliance, reporting and advisory cross border matters for the Head of Tax. In this role, you will be responsible for corporate tax compliance for the non-UK entities, transfer pricing, withholding tax analysis, acquisition due diligence and other projects. This role will be a senior member of the team, reporting into our Head of Tax and will sit within a core team of five. This role is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their career in an in-house tax function.
- Corporate tax compliance for our overseas entities (including US, Singapore and other non-UK entities)
- Corporate tax reporting for statutory and management reporting purposes
- Transfer pricing documentation, methodology and calculations
- Withholding tax analysis and administration
- M&A due diligence and integration
- New entity tax registrations
- Assisting with cross-border tax dispute resolution
- Supporting the Head of Tax with ad-hoc projects
Skills & Experience
- Chartered accountancy qualification (CA/ACA), chartered tax adviser (CTA), or international equivalent.
- Excellent understanding of international tax principles.
- In-house tax experience in a multinational environment preferable.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Strong time management skills with a flexible approach to managing workload and meeting varying demanding deadlines.
- Top tier professional services background desirable.
- Experience with ERP systems desirable, ideally experience with NetSuite.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
For more details about the company and to apply please make sure you upload your CV via our website: www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
By submitting your job application, you automatically acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data to the Company. Argus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.