Senior Product Marketing Manager - Commodity Market Data
Senior Product Marketing Manager - Commodity Market Data
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,300 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 29 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor. Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network. Our core values are Excellence, Integrity, Partnership and Inclusivity.
What will you be doing?
In this role, you are responsible for translating business objectives into marketing strategies and go-to-market plans to ensure that customer satisfaction, brand perception, customer acquisition and retention goals are achieved. You should be innovative and challenge our way of thinking, to inspire both marketing and the wider business to succeed. You are responsible for being the subject matter expert and understanding the personas aligned to the crude oil portfolio.
The right candidate will be proactive and a critical thinker who radiates a can-do attitude, capable of working through a matrixed organization to deliver marketing programs that build brand position and produce high quality sales leads. Strong communication and stakeholder management is essential.
- Develop strategic marketing plans for the crude oil portfolio, including target audience, value proposition messaging, content development, audience segmentation and channel strategy.
- Oversee implementation of the marketing strategy for the sector, including the creation of campaign briefs; delivering global marketing campaigns that build our brand and deliver high quality sales leads.
- Manage communications and priorities of internal stakeholders to deliver marketing strategies, tactical plans and campaigns that accomplish business goals and deliver against set KPIs.
- Analyse campaign data reports to improve sales lead conversion rates to revenue capture.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other functional departments within marketing such as regional, creative and operations to project one shared marketing voice.
- Develop and nurture a network of internal and external content contributors to generate a consistent stream of high-quality content marketing in a variety of formats.
- Launch new products and product enhancements in line with sector priorities through multichannel marketing programs.
- Leverage industry events and associations to highlight thought leadership that elevates Argus’ brand in the marketplace and position our offerings.
- Become fluent in the vocabulary of the oil markets that Argus serves, gaining a deep understanding of market structure, trends and participants in order to effectively design go-to-market plans that resonate with the target audience.
- Develop an understanding of the competitive landscape and engage with internal stakeholders to best position the value of Argus’ offering.
- Demonstrate nimble work habits whereby you seize upon fast-breaking market trends or movements to produce timely and topical marketing campaigns.
What we’re looking for in you
- Have strong B2B product marketing experience, preferably in commodity markets, or alternatively with related information/data service providers; international marketing experience is an advantage.
- Have a strong command of the English language and an appreciation for the written word; excellent English written, and communication skills are a must.
- Are naturally curious and are interested to learn about commodity markets and price reporting agencies, with a base-level knowledge of the markets that Argus serves.
- Have a proven record of developing innovative, high performing content marketing assets that effectively capture audience interest
- Have a strong commercial background, understanding of demand generation principles and developing go-to-market strategies
- Experienced in working with marketing automation and CRM software, and know how to leverage these tools to accomplish marketing goals and deliver insights.
- You are self-directed to continuously adapt to achieve strategic goals.
- Have high attention to detail and produce quality work in a timely manner.
- Are willing to work with people at all levels of the organization—from the CEO to the interns.
- Thrive on building substantive internal and external relationships, working as part of a team and continuously learning.
- Are excited to solve problems from start to finish: identify causes, recommend solution, and implement.
- Believe in Passion, Integrity, Excellence and Results.
- Marketing-contributed Revenue
- Content quality - engagement
- Efficiency – can produce a high quantity of assets and manage multiple initiatives
- Internal customer satisfaction
- Sales’ utilisation of Product Marketing materials to support buyer conversations/interactions
- Database growth/health
- Pipeline acceleration impact (e.g. sales/prospect adoption, engagement, conversion, velocity)
- Minimum 5 years related B2B marketing experience, ideally in product marketing, in commodity markets
- Able to navigate a complex environment involving stakeholders in various business functions and regions
- Able to balance the desires of the stakeholders with the needs of the Argus business and marketing objectives
- Commercially driven and ambitious to prove the ROI of marketing campaigns
- Complex project management experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (preferably in marketing)
- Metric driven and can draw insight from complex marketing data to feed into marketing strategies
- Pragmatic and good at building strong relationships across multiple teams, including with sales, business leaders and with content experts
- Ability effectively communicate marketing strategy plans to leaders and stakeholders
- Able to navigate a complex matrix environment involving stakeholders in various business functions
- Strong written communication and analytical skills
- Others: energetic/positive, good communicator, detail and result oriented, planning and management skills, readily adaptable to changing market and organizational requirements, customer focussed, and goal/results oriented
What’s in it for you
Our rapidly growing, award-winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognizes and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- Flexible working environment
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
For more details about the company and to apply please make sure you upload your CV via our website: www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
By submitting your job application, you automatically acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data to the Company. Argus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.