VP – Business Development, Crude Oil
Based in Singapore
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,200 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 28 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor. Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network.
What will you be doing?
Did you know that Argus Crude Oil pricing has been entrenched in the global markets since 1979?
Our crude benchmarks are widely adopted in commercial contracts, internal transfer pricing, tax formulae and economic modelling used by governments, traders, refiners, exchanges, and financial institutions.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to promote Argus price assessments in commercial contracts, transfer pricing, financial reporting, etc. In addition, the successful candidate will leverage strong relationships with key regional decision-makers to drive continued growth and look to uncover regional opportunities in information services and indexation.
- Develop and execute regional strategies to increase usage of Argus crude oil assessments and grow regional subscription business across verticals.
- Work with subject matter experts and editors to develop price methodologies and market reports that meet the needs of clients and prospects.
- Forge strong business relationships with industry executives.
- Develop and execute regional strategies across Asia to increase usage of Argus price assessments and grow the regional subscription business in crude market reports and analytics services.
- Build strong relationships with Industry leaders and oversee the development and execution of programmes.
- Work with subject matter experts and editors to innovate, design and develop content, including price assessments/methodologies and new reports/services.
- Monitor the competitive environment for Argus Crude services in Asia and propose strategies to maintain or achieve market leadership.
- Represent Argus at industry conferences and business gatherings to promote awareness and usage of our services.
The role does not carry a sales target. Instead, the critical measure of success in this role is to encourage a shift in the market towards using the clients’ price references in the petroleum products markets, as well as to support the clients’ position in markets where it is already established and recognised as the key reference.
To learn more about the report, https://www.argusmedia.com/en/crude-oil
What we’re looking for in you:
- At least 10 years of experience in supply, trading, pricing, or analysis in crude oil markets, including deep understanding of the refining economics and logistics.
- Experience promoting price indexation, business intelligence or market analytics services in oil-related industries would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and maintain long-term client relationships, and build credibility and engagement with industry stakeholders and government.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high-quality and commercial benefits
- Bachelor’s degree required. Postgraduate education and international corporate experience are preferred.
- Able to work independently whilst also engaging and collaborating in line with the Argus values: Excellence, Integrity, Partnership, and Inclusivity.
What’s in it for you:
- Work within a highly motivated team with an industry leader and rapidly growing global company
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Hybrid working model - Work from Home options available
- Excellent location at Raffles Place – close to public transport and amenities
- Group Healthcare Scheme (Comprehensive outpatient - GP and specialist, dental and hospitalisation)
- 20 days of annual leave
- Career development and promotion from within the culture
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Employee Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme
If you can succeed in this role and are interested in driving the company into the future, we would love to hear from you!
We're not engaging any recruitment agencies for this role, so if you're interested. Please apply directly.
Please send in your application via our careers website at https://www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions.
Jobs posted on other websites and that do not link to our careers website may not be legitimate and may be fraudulent. If you are contacted by someone whom you suspect may not be appropriately representing Argus, please send the details to us via an email with “Recruitment Fraud” in the subject title.