Marketing Automation Specialist (Marketo)
Job Title:Marketing Automation Specialist (Marketo)
Reporting Relationship: VP Marketing Operations
Location:London Head Office, Holborn
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information to the energy industry. Argus benchmarks are used globally throughout the energy sector for formula pricing in contracts, as a taxation reference, in investment planning and for a variety of other purposes.
Ideal candidates are self-motivated and radiate a can-do positive energy, capable in working through ambiguity to deliver marketing campaigns that build the brand and explicitly produce high quality sales leads.
In this new role, the Marketing Automation Specialist will have a leading role in a rapidly growing global marketing team, a great career-making opportunity to deliver major results at Argus. The primary objectives of this position are:
- Manage the uploading of text, graphic and multimedia of content into the full suite of Marketo templates and campaign programs
- Educate and train members of the creative and content teams and other relevant teams on how best to structure their content to streamline workflow and maximize Marketo’s potential
- Identify with each individual content contributor how best to “make changes” to their content if, for example, headlines are too long or edits need to be made; focus on resolving time-consuming and repeating delays
- Leverage key Marketo functionality such as tokens and dynamic content to reduce execution time and increase consistency across all Marketo programs
- Document the timing and assets whereby each marketing campaign will flow, making it easy for the marketing traffic manager to launch proactive internal communications informing sales and other stakeholders on exactly what campaign assets will launch, at what time intervals, and to what specific buyer persona
- Continuously experiment and test new Marketo formats and calls-to-action (CTAs) to increase the quality and quantity of sales leads
- Demonstrate nimble work habits in such a way as to produce and launch exceptionally fast and superior automated marketing outcomes
- Become the internal expert on implementing Marketo campaigns, and help identify ways to scale capacity and speed either in-house or via external support
- Develop processes to capture the content in the exact formats that you need to upload to Marketo, making allowances that some of the editing will still need to be performed manually
- Have the ability to explain and liaise with other parts of marketing and sales on how the platform can support their roles (e.g. Marketing lead gen and ROI tracking, sales for sales and prospect intelligence, content marketing for journey design and nurture campaigns
- Educate internal teams on how to take advantage of new Marketo campaign formats; provide insight on what kind of content will work best in these new formats
- Continuously identify thought leadership that elevates Argus’ brand in the marketplace, while mechanically making it easy for prospects to enter our sales funnel
- Understand the importance of data and data management for privacy and MA/CRM management and reporting
- Work closely with webmaster on form integration and web journeys
- Work closely with colleagues] on customer journeys and a coherent content strategy across web forms and through the marketing automation tool
- Identify underperforming working practices and processes and escalate for corrective action
- Be a contributor to the ever-present need to improve people, information and technology to create both a rewarding career experience that also delivers aggressive revenue growth
Skills and Experience
- Have proven experience working with Marketo to utilise full functionality in delivering commercially successful campaigns
- Can apply your technical skills to deliver efficient and automated workflows
- Have success in partnering with subject matter experts to get the best use out of their content
- Enjoy educating others on new workflows and approaches
- Know the importance of ensuing data is correctly managed and privacy requirements are fully met
- Don’t like to be micro-managed: you are self-directed to continuously adapt to achieve strategic goals
- Can deliver and accept constructive criticism in a collegial, team-based environment
- Enjoy a fluid, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Have high attention to detail and produce quality work in a timely manner
- Are willing to work with people at all levels of the organization—from the CEO to the interns
- Thrive on picking up the phone, not overly relying on email, to build substantive relationships
- Are excited to solve problems from start to finish: identify causes, recommend solution, and implement
- Believe in Passion, Integrity, Excellence and Results
About Argus Media
Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network.
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 1100 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 26 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor.
Our rapidly growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions