International Tax Accountant
Argus is an independent organisation with almost 1,100 staff globally. We are headquartered in London and have 26 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
What will you be doing?
We are currently looking for a dynamic International Tax Accountant to support our ambitious business targets through ensuring our operations are fully compliant and taxation issues are proactively managed.
This position within our friendly finance team is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to develop their taxation experience within a dynamic, global business.
- Perform VAT compliance for group entities in the UK, Europe and Asia
- Work with external advisors to assist with the preparation of corporate income tax submissions for group entities in the UK, Europe and Asia
- Monitor and identify tax registration requirements as the business expands its operations globally
- Assist with the preparation of year-end audit provisions
- Prepare indirect tax reconciliations for audit purposes
- Co-ordinate with external advisors
- Correspond with tax authorities where relevant
- Document reporting procedures and policies
- Co-ordinate tax deadlines with key stakeholders
- Work closely with the finance team and wider business on implementing procedures and controls
- Assist the Group Tax Manager with international tax issues, including withholding taxes, transfer pricing, overseas tax registrations, and cash-flow and budget planning purposes.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Qualified accountant with specialist experience in tax (i.e. ICAS, ICAEW, CTA)
- Excellent tax accounting skills with experience of operating in an international environment
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- A practical and commercial approach to problem solving
- Strong IT skills including Excel with excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated, confident, collaborative and results driven individual
- Keeps up to date with knowledge of tax rules in multiple jurisdictions
- Resilience to operate in a fast-paced environment to meet demanding deadlines
- High level of integrity
- Believe in the following Argus values: Passion, Integrity, Excellence and Results
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Hybrid working model
- Group healthcare scheme
- 18 days annual leave
- 8 days casual leave
- Extensive internal and external training
Earlier or later hours, or weekend hours, may be expected on occasion.
Please send in your application via our careers website at https://www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions.
Jobs posted on other websites and that do not link to our careers website may not be legitimate and may be fraudulent. If you are contacted by someone whom you suspect may not be appropriately representing Argus, please send the details to us via an email with “Recruitment Fraud” in the subject title.