Editor/Consultant - Petrochemicals
Editor/Consultant – Petrochemicals
Location: London, UK
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,200 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 27 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor. Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network.
What will you be doing?
We are currently looking for a highly driven, enthusiastic and hard-working Chemicals Editor/Consultant to join our London-based petrochemicals team.
Argus’s petrochemicals team is well-respected by the chemicals industry, covering all the major chemical base chemicals with daily and weekly market reports, monthly analysis and outlooks, long-term capacity databases and supply-demand balances and special projects.
You will have responsibility for your product area within Europe. This a hybrid role, combining principal elements of editorial coverage and responsibilities with contributions to regular analytics and consulting works and special projects.
In this role, you will work closely with the other petrochemical editors, consultants and reporters across London and the regional offices, as well as other editorial teams, management, data and production, business development, sales, marketing, consulting and conferences.
The global petrochemical sector is one of the most important markets in the world. Global growth in populations and income are in increasing demand for petrochemicals and their end products. At the same time the transition to technologies that produce fewer carbon emissions, are more sustainable or circular are poised to drive significant change.
- Maintain quality of team’s market price assessments for your product area and adhere to rigorous compliance standards; oversee quality and relevance of methodology for related market(s).
- Help direct, write and edit market commentaries, analysis and market outlooks.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key contacts and liaise regularly with industry stakeholders (producers, consumers, buyers, sellers, traders, brokers).
- Liase with colleagues in petrochemicals and in other regions to maintain consistent global coverage.
- Maintain and track price, fundamental and economic data to support your market analysis.
- Contribute to the monthly price forecast process, working closely with the global product lead.
- Provide updates to regional capacity databases and assist with updates to supply and demand balances, trade flows.
- Attend conferences and events.
- Provide subject-matter expertise to other Argus departments.
- Contribute to thought leadership in the petrochemicals space (white papers, podcasts etc).
- Work with internal stakeholders to drive and shape Argus service offerings.
- Work on special projects as needed.
Skills & Experience
Experience in a price reporting, analytics or consultancy role for chemicals or a related market is essential, but specific training focussed on the product area and role will be provided.
Ultimately, you will be speaking to contacts as an equal, with two-way communication vital. You will be seen as an expert with a forward-looking authoritative voice in the industry.
You will be an excellent writer, have the ability to make connections, be intellectually inquisitive but also able to act as ambassador, diplomat and source of information when fronting the publication and engaging with contacts and clients. You will be encouraged to build your own opinion on the market – with support from the global product lead and other colleagues - and be prepared to share it with industry.
Potentially some travel is required to attend petrochemical industry events. These are mostly in Europe, but the need to visit other regions for conferences or to visits Argus office. Essential conferences are typically once a quarter, but Argus also encourages more regular travel to meet contacts.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
For more details about the company and to apply please make sure you upload your CV via our website: www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
By submitting your job application, you automatically acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data to the Company. Argus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.