Market Analysts / Editors – Asia Commodities Market
Market Analysts / Editors – Asia Commodities Market
Based in Singapore
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,300 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 29 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor. Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network. Our core values are Excellence, Integrity, Partnership and Inclusivity.
What will you be doing?
As part of our expansion in Singapore, we are looking for outstanding individuals to join our growing team to cover reporting on Asia’s fast-growing commodities and energy space.
The successful candidate will join our global network of over 500 dedicated market analysts to connect deeply with the markets they cover, delivering expert news, analysis, and information not available elsewhere. We pride ourselves on analysing how and why news matter to our high-level audience, which comprises Fortune 500 companies, national oil and energy companies, multinationals, financial institutions, trading companies, and governments.
In this role, you will work within a fast-paced team and help expand our global coverage of the commodities market. You will be writing engaging news stories and analysing spot prices that are timely, accurate, objective, and meaningful for our clients. This includes maintaining a strong network of contacts within the industries to source original, relevant and exclusive content. You will be innately curious and personable and be able to quickly become a subject matter expert and lead coverage within a designated product portfolio. You will enjoy collaborative work with colleagues from various backgrounds, many located in Argus’ other offices around the globe. In addition, there are opportunities to travel, attend industry events, present at industry conferences and lead webinar sessions.
This is an excellent opportunity for analytical and inquisitive analysts, consultants and brokers to transfer their skills and knowledge to a price reporting, news, and analysis business.
You do not need experience in commodities markets. Instead, intelligence, curiosity, writing ability and a genuine desire to become a journalist are the primary qualities we look for in a diverse pool of candidates. The compensation will be commensurate based on the individual’s background.
- A booming industry, a growing company
- Opportunities to travel, attend industry events, present at industry conferences and lead webinar sessions.
- Gain exposure to various energy and commodities markets, including crude, petroleum products, natural gas, LPG and other gas liquids, biofuels, petrochemicals, coal and biomass, fertiliser and metals.
- Promising career path within Argus Editorial practice and developing areas of specialization.
What we’re looking for in you
- An investigative mind and good writing skills
- The role requires an analytical mind, attention to detail and a proactive approach to relationship development and source building.
- Experience in energy and commodity sectors would be highly advantageous.
- A commitment to the highest level of accuracy and completing all writing within established deadlines.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite with experience in Excel.
- Aspirations to break the news and deliver actionable intelligence on commodities
- Able to work independently whilst also engaging and collaborating in line with the Argus values: Excellence, Integrity, Partnership, and Inclusivity
- Work within a highly motivated team with an industry leader and rapidly growing global company
- Competitive salary and bonus in line with education, experience, and skills
- Hybrid working model - Work from Home options available
- Excellent location at Raffles Place – close to public transport and amenities
- Group Healthcare Scheme (Comprehensive outpatient - GP and specialist, dental and hospitalisation)
- 20 days of annual leave
- Career development and promotion from within the culture
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Employee Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme
- Cover conferences and events (5-10% of overseas travel is expected).
Monday through Friday, 10.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m.
Earlier or later hours, or weekend hours, may be expected on occasion.
We're not engaging any recruitment agencies for this role, so if you're interested, please apply directly.
We will conduct interviews continuously and reserve the right to take down the advertisement when we find the right candidate.
Please send in your application via our official careers website at https://www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions.
Jobs posted on other websites and that do not link to our careers website may not be legitimate and may be fraudulent. If you are contacted by someone whom you suspect may not be appropriately representing Argus, please send the details to us via an email with “Recruitment Fraud” in the subject title.