Account Manager, China
Job Title: Account Manager, China
Job type: Full-time
Location: Beijing, China
Reporting Relationship: Vice President, Sales
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. We are growing quickly, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
To facilitate our continued growth in China market, we are looking for a sales hunter to manage our China business.
This person will be responsible for subscription sales of Crude, Products, Petrochemicals, Generation Fuels, metals, LPG, fertilizers publications, pricing data, outlooks, annuals and associated consulting services. This includes active follow-ups from marketing and event efforts, generating and closing interest for the company’s products and services. He/she will also responsible for identifying target sectors and contacting them to grow revenue.
- Consistently meet and exceed sales target
- Identify, plan and implement clear sales initiatives to optimise subscription licensing opportunities
- Coordinate with marketing and business development teams to generate effective marketing campaigns
- To systematically and diligently follow-up and qualify leads and highlight relevant products and
- Travel to key conferences and events to network and develop/expand sales opportunities.
- Manage and monetize client relationships
Skills and Experience
- Be independent, self-motivated and disciplined following-through sales cycles
- Confident in giving effective sales presentations and own strong communication skills
- Have a minimum of 5-years frontline information sales experience and show a successful track record in managing B2B sales
- Be a strong and professional communicator, bilingual in English and Chinese in order to handle local Chinese accounts and liaising with international leaders effectively.
- Experience in the price data subscription sales environment for the China commodities industry is essential
- Able to use initiative and work as part of a team
About Argus Media
Argus is a leading energy and commodity price reporting agency providing data, news and insight as well as conference and consulting services. Companies in more than 140 countries around the world use Argus prices to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Half of Argus' 900 employees are commodity journalists who specialise in reporting news and price information relating to physical energy and related commodity markets. They operate according to a rigorous Editorial Code of Conduct and a Compliance and Ethics Policy that align with best journalistic practice, including the avoidance of conflicts of interest.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by staff shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group healthcare scheme
- 15 days annual leave
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions