Corporate Tax Manager
Job Title: Corporate Tax Manager
Job type: Permanent
Location: London Head Office, Holborn
Reporting Relationship: Head of Tax
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
Due to the continued growth of the business, we are looking for a passionate, qualified Corporate Tax Manager to take responsibility for all aspects of direct tax compliance at Argus Media. The Corporate Tax Manager will have responsibility for the timely and accurate submission of the corporate income tax returns in the multiple jurisdictions in which Argus has presence (excluding the Americas region). The Corporate Tax Manager will also be responsible for ensuring the timely preparation of the tax numbers required for the purposes of the annual statutory audit reporting process.
- Work with external advisors to prepare the corporate income tax returns in the UK, Singapore, South Africa, Australia, Germany, Netherlands, India and Japan.
- Manage external tax authority audits.
- Work with the Group Treasurer to manage payment on account requirements.
- Work with the global finance team to calculate accurate tax provisions and manage tax balances in the ERP (NetSuite) required for monthly management and external bank reporting.
- Perform transfer pricing calculations.
- Advise on WHT compliance.
- Prepare the consolidated tax provisions and current and deferred tax disclosures required for the annual statutory audit reporting purposes.
- Work closely with the finance team and tax team to increase efficiency and accuracy of existing tax reporting processes.
- Monitor permanent establishment (PE) risk.
- Support the Group Tax Manager with ad-hoc projects as required.
Skills and Experience
- Holds a Chartered Accountancy qualification.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP and IFRS required.
- Top tier professional services background desirable.
- Highly motivated, hardworking, able to work in a fast-paced environment for an organization that has a matrix reporting structure.
- Partners well with people at all levels within the organization.
- Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, is organized, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can deliver on deadlines.
- Works with tax authorities and outside advisers as necessary as part of a global tax team.
- Supports tax opportunities and implementation of programs and new projects, including supporting cross-border transactions.
- Experience with ERP systems (desirable).
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with over 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 23 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions