Commercial Account Manager – Commodity Markets
Job Title: Commercial Account Manager – Commodity Markets
Job type: Permanent
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. We are growing quickly, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
Due to the continued growth of the business, we are constantly looking for a pro-active and commercial Sales Account Manager to join our highly successful commercial team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to utilize their sales skills to the full. We are looking for pro-active self-starters who are keen to work in an environment where there is a strong work/life balance and no micromanagement. The key to success in this role will be developing an understanding of the client's business to tailor a package to support their commercial decisions and investment strategies.
As an account management role, you will be responsible for selling Argus market data, price assessments and reports to the Africa and Middle East region. You will be responsible for developing the growth strategy across the territory and managing the renewals process for existing customers, applying a consultative and methodical approach to sales and account management.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to utilize their sales skills to the full. We are looking for pro-active self-starters who are keen to work in an environment where there is a strong work/life balance and no micromanagement. The key to success in this role will be developing an understanding of the client's business to tailor a package to support their commercial decisions and investment strategies.
- Build and identify growth opportunities within your territory from existing customers
- Coordinate and manage resources internally to maximize value for your clients and ensure a clear, communicated path to renewal and increased relationship
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers to maximize customer satisfaction
- Become the Trusted advisor to your clients ensuring they maximise their relationship with Argus, and are open to communications about new products, promotions, upcoming events and engaging in our customer feedback mechanisms
- Manage all aspects of the administration of your accounts through excellent understanding and use of Argus’ CRM system and related technology.
- Liaise with the Editorial team to maintain current knowledge of Argus products
- Feed future buying trends to Management
Skills and Experience
- Successful track record of at least 2+ years in B2B sales, preferably with international experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to ‘network’ to get results for your clients
- Able to use initiative as well as work as part of a team
- Self-motivated, confident and results driven individual
- Experience in data/IP sales preferable
- Arabic and French language skills desirable
- Willingness to travel to visit clients and attend meetings and conferences (across Middle East Africa)
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with over 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 23 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and commission-based bonus scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- Pension contributions
- 25 days holiday
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions