Analyst – Market Analytics
Job Title: Analyst – Market Analytics
Job Type: Permanent
Reporting Relationship: Analyst Team Manager
Location: London Head Office, Holborn
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
After experiencing multiple years of double-digit portfolio growth, the Chemicals sector at Argus is now ready to expand and enhance its “next generation” of market analytics services, aimed at creating decision support tools and market insights for the chemicals industry.
We are seeking a bright graduate or ambitious early-career analyst who is innately curious and organized to support the redevelopment of our analytics portfolio. Prior experience in chemicals is not a requirement for the role. This an exciting opportunity for someone ready to develop subject matter expertise in a specific field while enjoying the benefits of working across a variety of global stakeholders in a rapidly expanding business.
- Support global chemical analyst team and chemical principal consultants.
- Deliver on analytics products with data gathering and curation, database development and modelling, industry analysis and content (written commentary, data visualization).
- Meet a series of project-related deadlines, regular subscription product deadlines and adapt easily to a changing environment underpinned by innovation.
- Consolidate regional information from editorial, business development and consulting sources and collaborate closely with colleagues in global offices.
- Support business development and marketing activities with preparation of materials such as blogs, power points, white papers, infographics.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a leading university, with a preference for Engineering, Economics, Finance or industry-related fields.
- Highly numerate with ability to analyse data quickly and meticulously with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Understanding of commodity market fundamentals and macroeconomic drivers.
- Prior experience within Price Reporting Agencies (PRAs), consulting firms or within the energy/commodity/petrochemical industries will be advantageous to the role.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently as a self-starter and also collaborate within a wider team with broad geographic reach.
- Able to anticipate, recognize, and identify key issues/problems and establish objectives and priorities for solving them, in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point). Excel skills ideally are advanced data manipulation commands, pivot tables and VBA macros.
- Experience with or eager to learn SQL databases and R or Python programming languages
About Argus Media
Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network.
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 1,100 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 26 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor.
Our rapidly growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions