Document Scanning Clerk
Document Scanning Clerk
Job type: Full time, M-F 9am to 5:30pm. hourly, permanent, benefits
Reports To: Burnaby Production Management
Location: Hiring for position in Burnaby BC
Pay Range: $18 per hour. Plus benefits and paid vacation time.
ARC Document Solutions is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to assist in our document scanning department. All candidates will need to be skilled with general office software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat. The right candidate will ideally also have some experience with document scanning but this is not mandatory. If you are good with computers, with a sunny disposition, are fully vaccinated and want to work, we want to speak with you. Are you ready?
The on-site Print Specialist Staff will be responsible for the following:
- Receive and prepare documents to be scanned. This means removing staples, post-it notes or other stickers from small format documents (paper up to 11” x 17” in size) so they ready to be fed through the document scanner. For larger documents, it means ensuring that there are no staples or damage and that the document can pass through the scanning device.
- Create an index of the documents to be scanned so that you can later create a custom and meaningful digital folder structure for your client.
- Scan both small and large format (larger than 11” x 17” paper) documents using a variety of production scanning equipment.
- Process the scanned documents so that they meet client requirements for scan quality, file size, being text-searchable, etc.
- Assess the scanned documents to make sure that all received documents have been scanned and that all scans are legible.
- Transmit the finished product to your client and speak with them to make sure that the scans meet their needs.
- You will need to be able to lift up to 18 kilograms (40 pounds) unassisted and be able to stand for up to an hour at a time when using some of the scanning equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- We are willing to train the right person.
- Computer experience (Adobe, Microsoft Outlook, Windows)
- Ability to understand and communicate job-related information clearly and concisely.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, resourcefully with minimal oversight
- Must be able to work within a professional office environment and display reliability and punctuality while completing all assigned tasks on time.
What we’re offering
- Full-time employment at $18/hour at our Burnaby BC office
- Excellent company reputation as we consistently receive 5-star customer reviews
- Comprehensive employee benefits that include full medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as an RRSP Plan with company matching
- A management team that supports you and wants to see you succeed
- Culture of caring for our employees