Print Production - Prepress & Preflight
ARC Document Solutions is seeking a successful candidate to fill our vacant Print Production - Prepress & Preflight role in Costa Mesa, CA. The successful candidate receives files from the client to ensure accuracy prior to production. Visit our website at www.e-arc.com.
Responsible for accurate file preparation, including: file manipulation, paneling, font sourcing/substitution,
file identification, placement/replacement, file RIP, color correction and final sizing. Assuring all artwork, photographic files and color call-outs correspond correctly to final work order specifications and client provided proof. Pre-press will foster a spirit of cooperation within all departments and between colleagues to ensure all files are delivered on time and to requested specifications.
You will exceed customer expectations doing these things:
- Receive and thoroughly read the entire work order before moving forward
- Open client files in the appropriate software package(s)
- Confirm all fonts, art, and photographic links are supported in the document
- Inspect all vector art and photographic images for resolution, color, and proportional sizing
- Create cut file or white ink layer (if needed) for both print and cut processes
- Provide digital proof and send to appropriate parties (go to the next step if a hard copy is needed)
- Verify color call-outs with printed PMS chart/color swatch book or client provided hard copy
- Open RIP software program, identify printer for final output, and prepare the file (gang files if possible) for best
output and the least waste based on work order specifications
- RIP file in accordance to job specifications- materials being used, finishing techniques, ICC profiles, assembly
and installation processes
- Deliver work orders, color proofs, and other supportive documents to production
We expect you to have:
- High School or Equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in color reprographics in a professional environment using graphic applications
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Pre-flight/ Prepress experience
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and align operations and sales processes to achieve business results
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, resourcefully with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated experience in developing strong working relationships with internal and external customers
This is what we have to offer:
• Excellent Company support and resources
• Excellent Company Reputation because we consistently receive 5- star customer reviews
• Competitive early-career pay range of $20 to $25 / hr.
• Comprehensive Employee benefits that include full health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 401K Plan with company matching
• A management team that supports you and want to see you be successful
• Culture of caring for our employees
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to [email protected] and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line.
To all recruitment agencies:
ARC does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our Careers alias or other ARC employees. ARC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.