Document Scanning Specialist
ARC Document Solutions is searching for a Document Scanning Specialist to facilitate production activities concerned with all Archiving Information Management (AIM) Services performed at the Santa Clara ARC Service Center. Activities include all processes related to assuming and returning custody of customer documents, tracking and inventory control of source documents, document preparation, image acquisition, document indexing, image processing, image posting, and cloud solutions.
The Document Scanning Specialist occasionally interfaces with customers. This role may provide customer service regarding production scheduling, problem-solving, job status, and general information requests and provides other forms of customer service as required.
- Assists the Regional Director with production activities and helps establish production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and schedules.
- Creates and manages document management system workflows from import to deliverable.
- Inspects and maintains equipment and supplies as required for the operation of the business to verify conformance to specifications. Directs setup and adjustments of all AIM equipment including, but not limited to: large format scanners, small format productions scanners, film scanners, and flatbed scanners.
- Confers with the Regional Director to establish production and quality control standards and procedures.
- Monitors production, quality control, maintenance, and determines causes of nonconformity with project specifications, and operating or production problems. Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems, and improve product quality and workflow.
- Provides feedback to help revise production schedules and clarifies priorities as the result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Assists the Regional Director respond to inquiries from managers to report the status of projects.
- Works with a team of people preparing, scanning, indexing, and managing paper, film, and digital documents.
- In-depth experience with large and small format production document imaging technologies and solutions is highly desired
- Activities include all processes related to assuming and returning custody of customer documents, tracking and inventory control of source documents, document preparation, image acquisition, document indexing, image processing, image posting, and cloud solutions.
- Responsible for quality control of AIM Services that flow through the AIM center.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of PSIGEN products is a plus.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets is a plus.
- 2 years of experience with the backend of a commercial document scanning operation.
- Working knowledge of software applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Access, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Must also have in-depth knowledge of document imaging principles, imaging mechanics, file structures, file formats, OCR, ICR, OMR & Bar-Code technologies, and methodologies.
- Experience and a strong aptitude for developing process workflows including acute attention to following quality control procedures within process workflows.
ARC offers competitive hourly pay range of $15.50 to $20.00, comprehensive benefits which include Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance benefits, 401(k) with a company matching, an array of voluntary benefits, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan that allows employees to purchase ARC's stock 15% below market. We also offer PTO, personal days, and paid holidays.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to [email protected] and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line.
To all recruitment agencies:
ARC does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our Careers alias or other ARC employees. ARC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.