Senior Product Manager - Risk & Fraud
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
Our vision - We make money move in real estate.
We are looking for a product leader for our Risk & Fraud product engineering team helping to achieve that vision by protecting our property manager customers as well as the millions of residents, property owners, suppliers, and vendors with whom they send and receive billions of dollars.
This is a high-impact role where you will be responsible for building the tools to help prevent bad outcomes and also enable our operations team to effectively investigate risky behavior.
What We’re Looking for
- Customer Obsessed: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it to drive improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Leadership: Visible management and influence across teams, including hiring, onboarding, coaching, employee development, motivating, and decision-making
- Strategic: Can create a multi-year view of product priorities and investments. Understand and be able to articulate the impacts of investments and trade-offs in product and service priorities.
- Communication: Leaders across the organization are able to articulate what is being worked on by your teams, why it is being done, the objective, and the expected outcome.
- Relationship builder: Ability to build strong, lasting relationships and make connections across AppFolians and customers
- Urgency: Instills a strong sense of urgency and focus on delivering value for the organization continually within the team.
- Perseverance: Demonstrates resilience and persistence to achieve business outcomes in the face of adversity.
What You’ll Do
- Work collaboratively with Risk & Fraud Operations teams to define our strategy to deliver a safe and sustainable growth of our payments business across all APM real estate segments
- Define and prioritize the highest impact projects to systematically mitigate Fraud and Risk while adapting to changing trends across the real estate ecosystem
- Own and define/refine the metrics of your team’s efforts, including impact on our business and our customers
- Be an internal champion and advocate for best practices across the entire product development organization
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in product management, with experience building successful products within the Trust & Safety, Payments Fraud, and/or Risk domains at scaled technology companies.
- A global understanding of the Risk and Trust management landscape, including staying up to date with the latest strategies on risk mitigation approaches and technologies within the industry.
- Skilled at striking the right balance between fraud/risk reduction and customer experience and business enablement.
- A natural collaborator who knows how to drive decision-making and has the ability to influence through informal authority.
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.