Sr. Director, Client Services Strategy & Operations
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based verticals company that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
What You’ll DoThe Sr. Director, Client Services Strategy & Operations will deliver Operational Excellence for the Client Services organization, enabling our service teams to improve customer satisfaction, deliver customer value quickly and improve COR margins, enabling rapid business growth to $1B in 2025.
- Define and execute the 3 year Service Strategy that delivers exceptional customer experiences, built on a foundation of Operational Excellence, laddering up to APM Real Estate outcomes.
- Maximize Tech Stack adoption to deliver on our Service Strategy, resulting in improved customer experiences and efficiency gains enabling CS to scale through automation, improved mgmt tools, AI technologies, etc.
- Build and manage Channel Optimization strategy that exceeds customer expectations & service levels by delivering first contact / same day case resolutions, while scaling CS operations.
- Build and manage Workforce Management strategy to improve the capacity, consistency, efficiency and productivity of all service teams.
- Implement Capacity, Queue & Call Forecasting strategies to optimize employee expertise by region and channel, managing day to day performance, issues and variances that arise.
- Partner with CS Leadership, T&E and HR to improve the employee experience, optimize hiring and employee onboarding practices, resulting in maximum speed to proficiency, productivity & employee retention.
- Integrate Voice of customer into CS Operational Excellence practices, partnering with CX to improve customer sentiment, closing the loop on all customer feedback across listening posts.
- Build business cases, models & provide analytics to secure engineering and tech investments and deliver maximum outcomes (NPS, CSAT, ARPU & COR) across the customer lifecycle.
- Lead CS annual strategy & OKR planning process to ensure maximum impact to APM RE goals & strategy.
- Build a world class CS Operations organization, hiring and retaining A players to deliver on our Service Strategy and Operational Excellence.
- Customer Focused: Advocates for and prioritizes the customer perspective at all levels of decision making.
- Operational Excellence: Ability to not only define the strategy, but the skills and desire required to execute on the strategy to achieve our goals.
- Strategic & Analytical: Data-driven thinker, able to consolidate data in ambiguous situations to identify themes, formulate recommendations, define the strategies and drive execution.
- Communication & Presentation Skills: Speaks and writes clearly, concisely and articulately. Effective presentation skills in a variety of settings (formal / informal) and audiences (small, large & executive groups).
- Project Management Skills: Adept at managing multiple facets of a project and defining milestones that align to key outcomes.
- TeamWork & Collaboration: Experience partnering with teams across departments to manage relationships with various stake-holders to accomplish objectives.
- Efficiency & Transparency: Organized and provides visibility to teams and stakeholders on priorities and project status.
- Flexibility & Adaptability: Ability to adapt to changing priorities with ease and composure while continuing to meet established deadlines.
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and excitement for work. Has a positive, solution focused perspective when faced with challenges.
- Coach Employees: Ability to coach and develop others, emphasizing a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages experimentation and drives innovation.
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 10+ years experience, including a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience inside a technology company
- Experience supporting complex SaaS software products
- Experience building out a services operations team
- Experience with workforce management, back office operations and planning of large service teams
- Experience in accounting and financial analysis
- Experience leading teams with remote employees, part-time employees, and/or outsourced employees
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.