Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
Reporting to the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, this role will represent FP&A as a business partner across various departments within the AppFolio Property Manager business to drive efficient, scalable financial processes. The role will deliver analytics that enable business leaders to make informed decisions and foster a collaborative, world-class partnership. This role will be primarily providing financial partnerships to the Value Added Services Revenue teams.
What You’ll Do
- In partnership with business line owners, develop and manage revenue forecast models providing updated projections to finance leadership and other stakeholders
- Prepare detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis that clearly articulate the drivers of performance for both revenue and gross margin
- Prepare and automate monthly financial reporting packages for review, including detailed variance explanations against budget and forecast to understand performance drivers
- Meet with business line owners monthly on revenue performance, as well as headcount and operating expense planning; be able to communicate drivers and insights in conjunction with recommendations on potential action
- Support the Quarterly External Audit, preparing any necessary supporting variance analysis for Value Added Revenue streams and Expenses
- Utilize our financial forecasting and planning tool, Adaptive Planning, to build and maintain complex, dynamic revenue forecast models that help drive business insights
- Partner with Accounting to ensure accurate accruals and adherence to accounting policies
- Ad-hoc reporting, analysis, and special projects as needed
What We’re Looking For
- Analytical: Ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make recommendations or decisions.
- Attention to Detail: Doesn’t let important details “slip” through the cracks.
- Excel: Advanced Excel user and proficiency in using the GSuite and MS suite of products.
- Autonomous: Can work independently and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously under tight deadlines, yet knows when to ask for help.
- Creativity: We’re solving novel problems; doing the same things we’ve done in the past may work sometimes, but it won’t always be enough. Creative, elastic thinking is critical to our success.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication. Knows how to tailor a message based on the audience.
- Discretion & Confidentiality: Ability to exercise discretion, judgment, tact, and poise in handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Reliability: Consistently follows through on commitments on time, with high quality.
- Collaborative: Can develop and maintain cross-functional business partnerships with professionalism
- Lifelong Learner: Always fostering the continuous development and improvement of your skills and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in finance or analytical capacity
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to master new systems and applications quickly.
- Strong Tableau, SQL, and Excel skills required
- Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions without specific step-by-step instructions
- Highly organized and motivated with the ability to work on multiple projects while delivering results in a timely manner
- Demonstrated success in building effective partnerships and managing relationships at all levels
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Today our software solutions exist in two verticals including the real estate (AppFolio Property Manager, AppFolio Property Manager PLUS, and AppFolio Investment Manager) and legal (MyCase) industries.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.