Senior Product Manager
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
The Senior Product Manager works closely with the Engineering team to communicate and present customer problems and help facilitate discussions with customers.
This position will meet regularly with Sales, Marketing, and Client Services to discuss upcoming releases and gather feedback on what can be improved in the product.
The ideal candidate has an uncanny ability to listen and engage prospects/customers, embraces new technologies, enjoys working in a collaborative environment, and loves to solve problems.
What will you do?
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Own your product’s success – all activities performed should drive towards this goal
- Coordinate & lead customer interviews, both over the phone and in-person, to deepen personal and organizational understanding of our customers’ needs and desires
- Work with sales, implementation, marketing, and support teams to identify ways to make our products better
- Create and manage a backlog of features & enhancements to achieve project goals as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Collaborate with teammates to craft elegant solutions to customer and business problems
- Conduct agile methodology including planning, grooming, retrospectives, etc.
- Understand and be able to articulate the overall product vision and strategy
- Keep up to date with market and technology trends and competitive offerings
Desired Skills & Experience
You will be a great fit in this group if you have:
- 6+ years experience with high-tech products and technologies (preferably software as a service products)
- A strong technical background – Significant hands-on experience building technology products is preferred. We are looking for quality (not quantity) of experience
- A keen sense of business – the ability to understand market trends and consumer requirements, build business cases to justify your analysis, and design and prioritize features to fit the market needs.
- Leadership - Proven experience leading cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
Above all, we are looking for entrepreneurial individuals who are passionate about building great products. If that sounds like you but you lack in one or more of the areas above, still feel free to drop us a line.
In addition to competitive pay, benefits & perks we offer...
- An intellectually stimulating, highly-collaborative, casual, and friendly work environment.
- A smart team and an entrepreneurial culture – your contributions will have a direct, visible impact on the organization. You won’t be just another face in the crowd.
No outside recruiter or agency submissions, please. Such submissions will be considered free to AppFolio.
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.