Pricing & Packaging Strategy Director
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
What You’ll Do
The Pricing & Packaging Strategy Director is a newly created role with responsibility for defining and executing a comprehensive, durable and scalable pricing and packaging strategy for the portfolio of products and services in the AppFolio Real Estate business. You will be a pricing expert with demonstrated experience leading cross-functionally to define new pricing strategies and models to responsibly grow and scale our business.
What We’re Looking For
- Strategic Thinking. Ability to define a clear and comprehensive pricing and packaging strategy in service to our long-term business strategy and growth plans.
- Tireless Advocate for the Customer. Develop a deep understanding of our customer and what value we are delivering to customers.
- Business Acumen. Deep understanding of our business, value proposition to create a durable and scalable pricing and packaging strategy.
- Analytical Skills. Able to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to inform strategy and execution to optimize for acquisition, revenue, ARPU and customer experience.
- 10+ years experience directly managing pricing and packaging strategy and execution (SaaS and B2B experience highly preferred).
- Relevant experience with both roles as pricing consultant and in-house pricing strategy owner preferred.
- Excel expert, experience with Tableau or other data analytic visualization tools and pricing analysis tools.
- MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Successful track-record of driving pricing and packaging transformation and execution.
- Demonstrated experience with various pricing models and strategies such as SaaS, recurring revenue, bundling, consumption-based and payment processing.
- Strong research capabilities including qualitative customer interviews, customer value research and quantitative techniques like conjoint analysis.
- Ability to dive into the details, develop a data-driven comprehensive strategy and drive alignment across business stakeholders.
- Exceptional leadership skills and experience navigating and influencing in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to be solution-oriented and focused on scrappy ways to solve problems with a long-term strategic outlook.
- Self-starter and a proven team player in a high outcome-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.