Sales Engineer, Investment Management
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can too.
What We’re Looking For:
The Solution Engineer enables our sales team with a variety of internal strategy and customer-focused services to assist in achieving sales targets. This role provides subject matter expertise to prospects and sales teams on both the Investment Management product and the Investment Management Industry. You will be responsible for all technical aspects of the Investment Management software, working in close partnership with our various Sales reps and Sales Management.
The ideal candidate brings extensive pre-sales experience with enterprise SaaS applications, has a passion for customer satisfaction, a strong attention to detail, and possesses a curious and consultative mindset. This individual will drive sales with immense technical prowess, account management skills, sales ability, and a superior customer focus. The ability to build extraordinary relationships with customers and team members is critical.
This is a newly created role and a compelling opportunity to help build and drive new Investment Management sales.
What We’re Looking For
- Drive new opportunities and assist the sales team in closing deals by managing the technical aspects through all stages of the sales cycle, from discovery to due diligence
- Conduct customer needs analyses and assist in overcoming objections through problem solving
- Provide technical sales presentations, product demonstrations, and product proof-of-concepts, focusing on the value the product brings to the customer
- Leverage product knowledge to provide technical expertise to the sales team and customers
- Work cross-functionally across Product Development, Engineering, Client Services, and Marketing teams
- Train both new and existing sales team members on new product features within AppFolio Investment Management
- Facilitate on-boarding of new sales reps by working directly with them in all stages of the sales cycle
- Work directly with the sales leadership team to provide key insights and assist with forecasting
- Participate in customer facing events such as Trade-Shows and Connects
- Travel up to 25% as required, mainly for larger sales opportunities
- 5+ years of sales engineering or solution consulting experience in a B2B Enterprise SaaS organization
- Direct, hands-on technical experience in a customer-facing role
- Demonstrated success with large enterprise opportunities in your current role
- Exposure to complex sales cycles
- Thorough understanding of the AppFolio sales methodology (Selling Through Curiosity) or a related consultative selling technique.
- Excellent presentation, communication, time management, and listening skills with a proven ability to motivate and train
- A competitive and entrepreneurial spirit, with a drive to succeed
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to diagnose prospect needs and build relationships through a value-based approach
- Ability to uncover business requirements, analyze and understand customer systems, and deliver solutions to clients
- Strong experience with Salesforce, PowerPoint, Excel, GoToMeeting/Zoom or similar, and Google Docs
- Bachelor’s degree desired
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.