Strategic Events Manager
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management
Why You’ll Love Working at AppFolio:
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package
- 20 days of paid time off a year
- Amazing company culture and office environments
- Long-term career growth opportunity and mentorship
- Chance to be a part of a rapidly growing company in the SaaS industry
- Onsite fitness classes every day of the week
- Fully-stocked break room with food and drinks
- Ability to practice your skills at mini-putting greens, foosball and ping pong
- Team happy hours and events
- A new wardrobe of awesome t-shirts
- Extracurricular co-ed sports teams
The Strategic Events Manager will have a critical role in conceptualizing, planning and bringing AppFolio’s strategic events to life. The right person will take the lead in the development and end to end execution of our flagship Annual Customer Conference, the re-envisioning of our roadshow series, the launch of our customer advisory events and piloting key customer and prospect focused and thought leadership events and experiences.
This candidate will have extensive experience in managing a diverse event portfolio, ideally for midsize to enterprise companies, and having a proven track record in designing large scale and complex events for fast growth companies.
Reporting to the Director, Events, you will effectively work across the organization with a wide range of departments and functional teams ranging from executive leadership to 3rd party vendors. This role is ever evolving, and will work closely with key stakeholders to ensure that AppFolio has the right event portfolio mix as we continue to be one of the fastest growing companies in the real estate management industry.
Day to day responsibilities include event conceptualization, strategy, project management of complex workflows, developing plans and presentations relevant to his/her events ownership, as we scale our events portfolio to the business needs.
Primary Areas of Responsibilities:
- Will transition to lead in the end to end management of the Annual Customer Conference, our largest proprietary event.
- Conceptualize, develop, and execute the launch of our Customer Advisory Board event program.
- Re-envision and execute the end to end planning of our in-person roadshow series.
- Design unique and impactful multi-segment events and experiences that align to our business objectives.
- Innovate, plan, and project manage multi-segment strategic and thought leadership events.
- Will be a critical asset to the events team in diversifying our event portfolio as we go upmarket.
- Develop and manage event project timelines and plans, orchestrating end to end event workstreams that achieve desired objectives and key results.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA/BS degree or above
- 6-8+ years of experience in Event marketing, trade show and conference management
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a lead role on a user conference or a flagship proprietary event
- Highly motivated self starter, with excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficiency in working across the organization from C-Suite to Procurement, IT and Legal, as extensive management of 3rd party agencies/vendors.
- Extensive experience in managing conferences, specifically with paid attendance
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while successfully working cross-functionally
- Strong business writing and communication capabilities, preferably with direct experience in B2B marketing
- Resourceful problem solver with the ability to collaborate effectively across multiple groups.
- Agile, with experience in navigating the business and getting things done.
- Strong critical thinking skills, versed in navigating complex situations.
- Creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong implementation ability
- Empathetic, positive attitude and a great sense of humor.
- Able to build, articulate and present presentations for the appropriate audiences.
- Experience with GoogleSuite, Slack, Salesforce and ability to grasp and use a diverse tech stack is preferred
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.