Senior Customer Insights Manager
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Customer Insights Manager will bring together quantitative and qualitative data to create a focused set of Customer Experience metrics used across the business as predictive measures that improve the customer experience and drive business outcomes.
A key responsibility of this role will be leading our Net Promoter (NPS) program. This includes ownership of the survey and analysis, but equally important to evangelize and influence to drive action against key identified opportunities across the organization.
- Launch VOC text analytics capabilities by leveraging technology and machine learning.
- Identify and implement text analytics technology platform.
- Create text analytics models and processes to synthesize and identify emerging customer insights.
- Scale analysis to include primary VOC channels as Phase 1, with plan to include secondary channels to follow.
- Champion NPS program, insights and action planning across the Real Estate business to drive a 5 point increase in NPS in targeted customer segments/markets by end of 2020.
- Drive a 10% improvement on CX metrics most predictive to business outcomes by the end of 2020.
- This will require aligning all functions to shared customer experience KPIs for customers that span products, services, digital and physical touch points.
- Establish regular cadence for reporting out across the business on key customer experience insights for strategic advantage and growth.
- Own and continuously improve the CX metrics dashboard, driving both adoption across the business and action on improvements.
- Identify impactful customer experience insights aligned to our key business priorities across APM customer segments, markets and offerings.
What We’re Looking For
- Strategic Thinking. Ability to create and execute against a clear framework for defining a predictive set of Customer Experience metrics that drive business outcomes. Deep knowledge of CX metrics industry trends, best practices, and technology capabilities.
- Tireless Advocate for the Customer. Lead with the customer voice in everything you do and instill the customer mindset across the organization.
- Analytical Skills. Able to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data across varied customer listening posts to draw impactful insights that inform strategy and prioritization.
- Business Acumen. Ability to connect the dots and communicate how customer experience efforts and metrics can impact business priorities and commit to delivering against explicit business outcomes.
- Communication. Exceptional storyteller with the ability to weave together data, insights and voice of the customer to inspire an organization to action.
- Influence and Partnership. Exceptional relationship builder with ability to effectively navigate across the organization and at all levels to drive alignment and action.
- Simpler is Better. Empowering teams to solve business problems. Spends their time and focuses the team on the critical few actions that are most important. Can eliminate roadblocks and demonstrates ability to say “no”.
- Innovation and Agile. Unafraid to take innovative approaches to problems with an agile “progress over perfection” mindset.
- Listening to Customers is in Our DNA. Elevates the customer experience in all decision making.
- Small, Focused Teams Keep Us Agile. Spends their time and focuses on the critical few actions that are most important.
- We Do the Right Thing; It's Good for Business. Always operates with integrity, especially when faced with tough situations.
- 7+ years experience in Customer Insights, Customer Experience Analytics or related experience, with at least 3 years in a leadership capacity.
- Experience owning and leading NPS program, analysis and recommendations across the business.
- Experience with customer survey research design, customer experience metrics and methodology.
- Experience with SQL and R or Python for analytics is preferred.
- Experience with Tableau or similar for dashboarding/visualization.
- Ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to develop meaningful customer insights and connect to relevant and actionable business opportunities.
- Passion for championing voice of the customer and creative thinking to develop innovative solutions to customer problems.
- Exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills to inspire action.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven B2B SaaS environment is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in mathematics, finance, or scientific discipline / Advanced degree preferred.
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Today our software solutions exist in two verticals including the real estate (AppFolio Property Manager, AppFolio Property Manager PLUS, and AppFolio Investment Manager) and legal (MyCase) industries.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.