Senior Product Manager - Residential Payments
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company - we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
Our vision - We make money move in real estate.
Do you love working on high-growth efforts? Are you excited by the opportunity to build and run products that impact millions of people and move billions of dollars every month? Energized by working collaboratively with amazing product development teams to find innovative solutions to hard problems?
In AppFolio Payments, that’s our everyday mission and we’re looking for incredible talent to join our team and help us build the future of Residential Payments experiences.
Right now, we have open roles across several teams including but not limited to:
- Growth & Onboarding
- Online Payments & Checkout
- Monetization & Packaging
- New Offerings & Expansion
This is a high visibility opportunity to affect nearly every part of the business and will create impactful career growth opportunities. We are growing rapidly and expanding AppFolio’s reach into new markets while continuing to bolster our position as the #1 choice for Property Management Software.
The role can be based in one of AppFolio’s office hubs, or fully remote.
- Own a key product focus area in AppFolio Payments, developing a vision, roadmap, and strategy to meet your KPIs
- Become an expert on your target customer’s needs by speaking directly to property managers and their residents on an ongoing basis
- Collect & analyze data about customers, market, and product usage to inform priorities and measure success
- Collaborate with a team of engineers, designers, and data scientists to develop testable hypotheses and iterate rapidly in the face of uncertainty
- Partner effectively with internal stakeholders in operations, customer service, sales, and marketing to drive product outcomes and business results
- Conduct agile methodology including planning, grooming, retrospectives, etc
- Prepare & deliver clear, compelling presentations to customers, colleagues, and superiors
- Minimum 5+ years of direct product management experience
- Experience at a Fintech/PayTech or two-sided marketplace is highly desired
- Experience building 0 to 1 products that are customer-facing
- Solid track record of successfully delivering product and business outcomes
- Experience working collaboratively with software development teams
- Proven ability to lead and partner with senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant industry experience
- Prior experience in a B2B SaaS company and/or PropTech/real estate background is a plus
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead without authority
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong relationship-building capabilities
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to quickly respond to new information
- Excellent listening skills
- Resilience and persistence to succeed in the face of uncertainty
- Keen business acumen and ability to drive business outcomes
- Exhibit passion and enthusiasm for delivering value to customers and business
- Ability to see both the forest and the trees - you are detail-oriented and can also cast a big picture vision
- Analytical skills and data-driven mindset, ability to write SQL is a plus
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.