Sr. Software Engineer - Investment Management
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based provider that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating. We love where we work, and you can, too.
AppFolio Investment Management (https://www.appfolioinvestmentmanagement.com/) is a fast-growing internal startup of a successful, established SaaS company (https://www.appfolioinc.com/). We are going after the $7 trillion and growing private equity market which largely still runs on spreadsheets and email. Starting with private equity real estate, we are helping private equity firms build and manage their businesses with purpose-built software that enables them to do everything from investor relations to fundraising to managing the elaborate capital stacks common in modern-day private equity deals.
We're looking for experienced engineers to help build AppFolio Investment Management. You'll join one of our domain-focused engineering teams, helping build solutions that power private equity investments. You'll learn about the inner workings of private equity investing, and you'll help realize our vision to streamline and automate the industry. This is a unique opportunity to get in early with an internal startup that is part of an established public company and help shape the future of the fastest-growing web-based product for managing private equity investments.
- Build software solutions that change the game of private equity investment
- Collaborate with a very experienced and highly effective team of passionate engineers and product managers
- Talk directly with customers to understand their challenges and get direct feedback on the features you're building
- Operate in a highly autonomous team that owns the full lifecycle of solutions you build, from discovery to development to production
- Ship solutions that embody our product values of INVEST -- Intuitive, Valuable, Easy, Secure, Trustworthy
- Write code that reflects our technical values of SMART -- Simple, Maintainable, Adaptable, Readable, Tested
- Interact with colleagues in a way that supports our team values of HEART -- Humor, Effectiveness, Autonomy, Respect, Trust
We're looking for someone who has:
- A BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a similar technical discipline
- The ability to thrive with high levels of autonomy and responsibility
- The instinct and confidence to proactively look for areas of improvement in the product
- A highly pragmatic approach and values simplicity
- Experience building SaaS products
- Experience with modern cloud software tools and methodologies
- Experience with modern web frameworks and methodologies
- Excellent collaboration skills to contribute cross-functionally and in a team setting
- Commitment to the long-term maintainability of the codebase and the ability to advocate for refactoring and tackling tech debt as appropriate
- A love of learning new technologies and the ability to selectively bring them to the team
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
Bonus points if you have:
- A passion for real estate, investing, or investment management
- Experience with AI/ML technologies, especially in a B2B setting
- Experience with proptech, fintech, or vertical SaaS
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.